Medicals - licence to print money

Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of
Default Medicals - licence to print money

Reeling from the excitement of geting our ITA, I grasp the phone and eagerly start calling panel doctors to arrange medicals. Blimey, I'm in the wrong job

Can't seem to get the cost lower than £800 for two adults, a three yr old and a three month old. Am I asking the wrong questions?

Anyone got a good deal in the Yorkshire region? I know we're going to have to pay for our adventure to the otherside of the world but I feel like I did when I was planning a wedding - they see you coming!!!!!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - licence to print money

Yes they have got a captive audience, all you can do is phone around we managed to get a family of 4 for £660 in south East, it's definitely not cheap this emigrating lark.

Good luck with it all.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, although were from the Midlands we travelled to Gatwick to get ours done, it was a about £250 cheaper than local for 2 adults and a 3 year old, just under £600 all in. We made a long weekend of it as Medicals were on a Thursday, worked out about the same price but we had a mini break to recover from the blood tests
The Stoke on Trent one might have have worked out cheap but you need to go to different places for the tests.
Good luck
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Why not pop over to Manchester, we've been quoted £703 for 2 adults and 1 3 yr old with the 3 yr old being £70 so should be less than £800 for you all and they do do them all on the same day, as in X-rays as well. The M62 isn't that bad you know!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hosebergine
Reeling from the excitement of geting our ITA, I grasp the phone and eagerly start calling panel doctors to arrange medicals. Blimey, I'm in the wrong job

Can't seem to get the cost lower than £800 for two adults, a three yr old and a three month old. Am I asking the wrong questions?

Anyone got a good deal in the Yorkshire region? I know we're going to have to pay for our adventure to the otherside of the world but I feel like I did when I was planning a wedding - they see you coming!!!!!
Hi ..
We had all ours done in York,x rays at York District Hospital in the morning,
then the medicals done at the Abbey Medical Group..
Xrays cost £243 for 2 adults and 1 child...

Medicals...£690 for 2 adults and 2 children (children 6 & 11) this included blood tests for 2 adults..

They were very accommodating... (you know what i mean)

Hope this helps....
Squidd
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by squiddley
Hi ..
We had all ours done in York,x rays at York District Hospital in the morning,
then the medicals done at the Abbey Medical Group..
Xrays cost £243 for 2 adults and 1 child...

Medicals...£690 for 2 adults and 2 children (children 6 & 11) this included blood tests for 2 adults..

They were very accommodating... (you know what i mean)

Hope this helps....
Squidd
...or cross to France, have a couple of days in Bordeaux and save about 300 quid into the bargain!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

You're all great for cheering us up!!!

I just can't wait to see £60's worth of medical conducted on my 3 month old baby!

I'm going to venture away from York and see how much cash I can save - maybe enough for a child's ticket to Auckland...?!

Still, better get used to writing cheques
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

We have had to book ours in a hurry and in Birmingham it is £305 plus vat each for 4 of us. Help!! There goes our Xmas pressies!

Lindsay
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done at the Duke centre, Sheffield...cost us £600.02 (not sure what the 2p was for!!) For 2 adults & 2 kids...age 5 & 10

Xrays were done at Claremont Hospital, Sheffield...£75 each (adults only)

HTH Cheryl x