Medicals

Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals

good news mate

we're waiting on our bloods, hopefullynext week, and should be good to go. someone mentioned about having to get gp reports for their ita but i'm assuming that if your medical has no significant findings no gp report is required...
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

quick question for some of you peeps...

my bmi was fine, 26.9 or something, but I think my "waist" was 103cm.

the doc didn't flinch at this, neither did I, but I now realised that >102 may cause issues, as in it may be referred to a medical assessor?

any anyhow reading the guidelines how the "waist" should be measured... she measured it around my widest bit, at the level of the umbilicus. The guidelines state below rib but above umbilicius... in which case I'm 96cm.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Popped to surgery, doc put 103 but remeasured me at 96... that's better lol

It's all stress with this game isn't it!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Final update with Medicals!

Had a phone call today... all results in... all passed and well chuffed with my cholesterol... 4.2 down from 5.3 when I was tested a couple of years ago

Well chuffed!

Going to pickup Medicals tomorrow and then all we need is ITA (called London, its on its way) and probably some certified copies of stuff (will wait for ITA so I know what we need).

So... burning question... Doc said she'll seal it with a stamp and I should not, under any circumstances, open it! I want to open it to check its all filled in properly... I thought NZ didn't really care if it was sealed or not.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

theRices is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rick78
Final update with Medicals!

Had a phone call today... all results in... all passed and well chuffed with my cholesterol... 4.2 down from 5.3 when I was tested a couple of years ago

Well chuffed!

Going to pickup Medicals tomorrow and then all we need is ITA (called London, its on its way) and probably some certified copies of stuff (will wait for ITA so I know what we need).

So... burning question... Doc said she'll seal it with a stamp and I should not, under any circumstances, open it! I want to open it to check its all filled in properly... I thought NZ didn't really care if it was sealed or not.
I photo copied our forms before I sent them off. The doctor said as he completed ours, we don't keep any records once we have sent them to you and I guess you will take copies of everything.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, all blood tests in and all ok apart from slightly low neutrophils (1.7 instead of 2.0) although my WBC was on the lower end of things (4.5 with a range 4.0-11.0).

I have a question regarding what was tested though... the clinical biochemistry report has the following data:

Estimated GFR
Cholestrerol
Glucose
Sodium
Potassium
Urea
Creatinine
Albumin
Alk Phos
AST
Bilirubin

The GGT, total protein is blank - same for my wife. The doctor is on the panel of medical doctors who can do these tests.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bugger!

The radiographer who took my X-ray also didn't sign across the photograph.

Guys, I seriously suggest you open your Medicals before sending them off!!!

I'm also assuming that ALP, AST and albumin tests are sufficient for liver function... with raised values of ALP or AST suggesting GGT and total protein to be looked at... maybe thats why these were no on the report, because all my values were well within all limits.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rick78
Bugger!

The radiographer who took my X-ray also didn't sign across the photograph.

Guys, I seriously suggest you open your Medicals before sending them off!!!

I'm also assuming that ALP, AST and albumin tests are sufficient for liver function... with raised values of ALP or AST suggesting GGT and total protein to be looked at... maybe thats why these were no on the report, because all my values were well within all limits.
Being an expert on having abnormal LFTs (absolute nightmare for me, but come right in the end), LFTS routinely consist of GGT, ALT, ALP, Bilirubin, and Albumin, so I am rather suprised that no values have been produced for GGT and Protein (otherwise known as Albumin). Stumped I'm afraid. But as all your blood tests were within normal limits, you shouldnt have a problem. Good luck anyway!!!

Bev
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I do have the albumin test results... range is 36-51 and mine is 50 so just in

The ALP range is 70-320 with the lab and my value was 143 so smack bang in the centre.

I just don't have the GGT... but I'm assuming maybe since everything else is within range it shouldnt be an issue?!

I'm going to call them tomorrow to confirm. They are on the panel of doctors and so I'm assuming that this is the way they do it and there isn't an issue!!

We'll see!