Started EOI...but stuck

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

ishshor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Started EOI...but stuck

Dear All,
I have started filling EOI form. But stuck. I have attached the EOI summary.

Me and my partner's IELTS total info given. But no points awarded
still(showing 0).
will those be calculate after payment and submission..?

Can anyone give me the NZQA link for "Recognised Qualifications" and
"Recognised Work Experience"....

Thankz in advance...
Attached Thumbnails Started EOI...but stuck-1.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

theRices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Started EOI...but stuck

Originally Posted by ishshor
Dear All,
I have started filling EOI form. But stuck. I have attached the EOI summary.

Me and my partner's IELTS total info given. But no points awarded
still(showing 0).
will those be calculate after payment and submission..?

Can anyone give me the NZQA link for "Recognised Qualifications" and
"Recognised Work Experience"....

Thankz in advance...
You don't get points for English abilities, it is a requirement.

Below is the link to the points table

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ointstable.htm

it also gives you a link to the bonus points table
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:09 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theRices
You don't get points for English abilities, it is a requirement.
Sounds harsh but true. Read the Ops Manual online on the NZIS website if you are unsure what attracts points and what doesn´t.

Any item in the EOI that attracts points will show them as you answer appropriately and save that section. Nothing waits until payment etc.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

theRices is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonsi
Sounds harsh but true. Read the Ops Manual online on the NZIS website if you are unsure what attracts points and what doesn´t.

Any item in the EOI that attracts points will show them as you answer appropriately and save that section. Nothing waits until payment etc.
I do apologise if it sounded a bit harsh but there are no points awarded for English...
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:10 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I do apologise if it sounded a bit harsh but there are no points awarded for English...
Sorry, I meant that no points for standard of English (ie the message) sounded harsh, not the way you put it (the messenger).
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

But ive got 6.5 in IELTS......
and my partnet 5.5 in IELTS
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

But ive 6.5 in IELTS and My partnet is 5.5
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:35 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by ishshor
But ive 6.5 in IELTS and My partnet is 5.5
Look at the Operations Manual for NZ Immigration here

"SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

1. Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category must be declined if the principal applicant has not met the minimum standard of English.
2. Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module
."

So good news in that you meet the minimum standard, but it is just that, there are no points for it, it is just a standard below which you will be declined.

You must be of good character too, and have no medical issues either but there are also no points for those, they are all just minimum standards.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Look at the Operations Manual for NZ Immigration here

"SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

1. Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category must be declined if the principal applicant has not met the minimum standard of English.
2. Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module
."

So good news in that you meet the minimum standard, but it is just that, there are no points for it, it is just a standard below which you will be declined.

You must be of good character too, and have no medical issues either but there are also no points for those, they are all just minimum standards.
Thankz a lot Man.... great explainatation...