ITA!

Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ITA!

Good luck mate,
We submittd our wtr applications tuesday, the place was empty then, was told our stuff looked good too and it may take only 5 days to process. So we're both having sleepness nights then. I was going to say the hard part is done but im guessing it is just the begining of a crazy ride eh...
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

yep, but hopefully it aint bumpy and it'll just happen!

at least you only have a week to wait!

if it goes ahead for both of us, and you're still in blighty, I suggest a motorbike meetup halfway between B'ham and yours for a celebratory coffee lol

A44 near Fish Hill is pretty awesome
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

CathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really nice

Hi Rick

Congrats on submitting your ITA!

A quick question for you (and sorry if I'm being stupid) - when you submitted all your documents to NZ House did you just turn up with all the original docs and tell them you would collect them later? Will they contact you when they are ready for collection? As I live in London, I think it easier to drop off our application directly with all the original docs in, rather than faff around with getting certified copies. I would rather pick them up in person though too, and avoid the risk of all the originals getting lost in the post!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

I gave them all originals - I did price up getting them certified but refused the crazy charges.

I put anything fragile (all 6 degree certificates) inside one of those do not bend envelopes and they kept them in there.

Only thing I brought home was passports.

I ticked a box to say I'll collect all documents when they have finished with them.

Attach photocopies of everything to everything... this is stipulated on the application.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:53 am
Just Joined

CathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really nice

Thanks Rick - that's very helpful!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

No worries - glad to help.

It's only been three working days since I submitted mine in person and I'm still checking for updates online!

Must. Be. Patient!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe all this checking has paid off!

Just had email stating there was a status update... now says "Medicals Received'.. rock and roll!

I'm assuming this is a good sign and it means our CO is currently looking at everything?!

Awesome.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wessa
Good luck mate,
We submittd our wtr applications tuesday, the place was empty then, was told our stuff looked good too and it may take only 5 days to process. So we're both having sleepness nights then. I was going to say the hard part is done but im guessing it is just the begining of a crazy ride eh...

Hey mate - any news on ur applications? Five days must nearly be up... fingers crossed for you all.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4pommes
NZ house was open at 2am??!!?
Well spotted! Yes, it was a special service they offer

So today another update to our application... we now have additional information stating that our application has been lodged on the 4th March

I'm hoping we can get an approval in principle by the end of the month, which would be perfect for giving notice at work etc., but appreciate that would be one hell of a quick turnaround and its likely to take a little longer... here's hoping though
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rick78
Maybe all this checking has paid off!

Just had email stating there was a status update... now says "Medicals Received'.. rock and roll!

I'm assuming this is a good sign and it means our CO is currently looking at everything?!

Awesome.
Well I have just emailed, Letter from our Doctors this morning, hopfully that is now all the additional information require. A few more weeks of waiting now before a decision, A date for phone interview i hope.

God I am back nervous now.

Do you know if anyone has every had ITA rejected? I know i should think positive!! I'm trying.

Everyone keep updating on this Thread, and hopefully see you across the globe soon :-)
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interviews? Are they common?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rick78
Interviews? Are they common?
My CO emailed me:

"Once your medicals have been given the all clear we can proceed to the telephone interview which will be the final part of the application process."

So i am guessing that most people will do a phone interview, i asked if it was in person or over the phone and he said phone. Saves us a trip to London, at moment.

Have you had any updates yet?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:06 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathE
As I live in London, I think it easier to drop off our application directly with all the original docs in, rather than faff around with getting certified copies.
That works great until they want to keep the certified copies on file.... I'd strongly advise sending or handing in exactly what they ask for.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

When I handed in my documents (all original plus photocopies, no certified copies) they said that was fine. In fact, on the application form it stated "Original Documents OR certified copies - but original documents may also be required at a later date" so there is no requirement for certified copies if you submit originals as far as I'm aware.

Sent off for our daughter's new passport today using the check and send service... should have it back in two weeks hopefully for when we're granted PR...
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

We will definitely hand in exactly what they ask for (wouldn't chance doing it any other way! ) although it looks like originals + photocopies should be fine.

We haven't handed our ITA in yet, but have been told that we will have to have an interview at some point after it is lodged, because we don't have job offers yet. I think if you have a job offer already, they don't bother with the interview because they take that as evidence you will be able to settle and contribute to NZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.