ITA!

Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:32 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default ITA!

So its my turn

Had an email from my CO today and everything is great with EOI and ITA documents will be sent tomorrow

We're over the moon

All Medicals are done, we have Police Certificates and all other stuff I think we'll need... lets wait and see what the ITA says before we get too carried away with booking train tickets to London!

Cheers for all info guys... I'm sure there'll be a lot more questions from me!
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2011, 9:41 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Rachelb82's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Wellington NZ
Posts: 101
Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Default Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
So its my turn

Had an email from my CO today and everything is great with EOI and ITA documents will be sent tomorrow

We're over the moon

All Medicals are done, we have Police Certificates and all other stuff I think we'll need... lets wait and see what the ITA says before we get too carried away with booking train tickets to London!

Cheers for all info guys... I'm sure there'll be a lot more questions from me!
Congrats, good luck :-)
Rachelb82 is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:59 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA!

So it was delivered today... but we weren't in so will have to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow.

Quite excited now... hopefully we have everything we'll need to send it off by the end of the week.

For those of you who have had your ITA, is it simply a checklist of what you need to send in, or is it another form you need to complete?

Cheers!
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:48 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Rachelb82's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Wellington NZ
Posts: 101
Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Post Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
So it was delivered today... but we weren't in so will have to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow.

Quite excited now... hopefully we have everything we'll need to send it off by the end of the week.

For those of you who have had your ITA, is it simply a checklist of what you need to send in, or is it another form you need to complete?

Cheers!
I wouldn't use the word simple, but check list YES!
Get as much evidence as you can plus photocopies of everything. (i copied photos, invitations everything) You basically get a print out of EOI to check over to make sure all the details are correct, with an amendment form at the back for additions and changes.
A list of all evidence they request from you and what order to put all your documents and evidence.
Add a cover letter, i found a template on this site someone else posted which i copied and amended.
There is another small form for each person to fill in, additional details form i think it was.

I think thats everything, plenty of stuff to keep you going.

Good Luck
Rachelb82 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:46 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA!

Thanks for information.

I picked it up this morning and it seems fine regarding what's required. For the certified copies, I'm going to just hand all originals in personally, and pick them up personally when they are finished with them.

The list of things required is quite detailed, but since I've tried to collate everything in the meantime we have everything they need.

My only question is regarding my wife and I's relationship status... I'm assuming our marriage certificate is sufficient since we've been married since 2005, have a daughter in 2006 (also have her birth certificate). I've read somewhere that people had to get photos of them together over the years etc... am I being naive in thinking this shouldn't be required?!
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:27 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Rachelb82's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Wellington NZ
Posts: 101
Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Post Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
Thanks for information.

I picked it up this morning and it seems fine regarding what's required. For the certified copies, I'm going to just hand all originals in personally, and pick them up personally when they are finished with them.

The list of things required is quite detailed, but since I've tried to collate everything in the meantime we have everything they need.

My only question is regarding my wife and I's relationship status... I'm assuming our marriage certificate is sufficient since we've been married since 2005, have a daughter in 2006 (also have her birth certificate). I've read somewhere that people had to get photos of them together over the years etc... am I being naive in thinking this shouldn't be required?!
Me and my partner are not married, so i enclosed photos, travel dockets and travel insurance, Car insurance showing named driver, statements from friends and family. wedding invitations. and letters showing same address.

As you are married and have wedding certificates a daughter, i'm guessing joint bills and accounts. then that should be sufficient. but remember what i was told better too much than not enough :-)
Rachelb82 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:29 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 39
theRices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
My only question is regarding my wife and I's relationship status... I'm assuming our marriage certificate is sufficient since we've been married since 2005, have a daughter in 2006 (also have her birth certificate). I've read somewhere that people had to get photos of them together over the years etc... am I being naive in thinking this shouldn't be required?!
Well, we thought that our marriage certificate from 97 would be enough, we got 3 children... We had a request for additional evidence last week, you have to provide evidence that you have lived together for the last 12 months... I used our council tax, water bills, CRB's, a few other things, I made sure it covered just over 12 months and I printed off the only 3 photos we had of us together (I included a date stamp on them), got loads of the kids, a few with husband and kids, I am the one with the camera...

Documents don't need to be in joint names, some of our were and some were not.

You have to send the originals, I included photo copies too like I did with all the documents in the ITA.
theRices is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:36 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA!

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll make sure I get some letter in our names for the past few years... got loads kicking about. Will also get some photos printed off!
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:35 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA!

it was going so well!

i thought as long as your passport had >6 months when you get your visa you're ok... but on the front of the ita it states 12 months!

my daughter's runs out in Jan 12... bugger!

anyone else have this issue? I'm sure I Read somewhere it was 6 months

plans look to be scuppered... was going to go to new zealand house tomorrow
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:58 pm
  #10  
MnB
 
MnB's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Welly UK to Welly NZ to Welly UK
Posts: 2,227
MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
Thanks for information.

I picked it up this morning and it seems fine regarding what's required. For the certified copies, I'm going to just hand all originals in personally, and pick them up personally when they are finished with them.

The list of things required is quite detailed, but since I've tried to collate everything in the meantime we have everything they need.

My only question is regarding my wife and I's relationship status... I'm assuming our marriage certificate is sufficient since we've been married since 2005, have a daughter in 2006 (also have her birth certificate). I've read somewhere that people had to get photos of them together over the years etc... am I being naive in thinking this shouldn't be required?!


Rick...We'd been married for 30+ years....I sent in at least 1 piece of evidence for the first 29 years (inc marriage cert & kids birth certs) 2 letters of support from long standing friends and 1 from sis in law plus at least 2 pieces for every month of the 30th year.....even then my 1st phonecall from my CO was a request for more recent evidence thank goodness I'd listed everything & kept a copy so could direct him to recent evidence all ok visa arrived within a week


i thought as long as your passport had >6 months when you get your visa you're ok... but on the front of the ita it states 12 months!

my daughter's runs out in Jan 12... bugger!

anyone else have this issue? I'm sure I Read somewhere it was 6 months

plans look to be scuppered... was going to go to new zealand house tomorrow
It's really worth renewing your passports if they've got less than 12 months on them.....up to 9 mths can be added to 10 yr passports. It'll save you money in the long run!!
HTH
B
PS. CONGRATULATIONS ON ITA!!

Last edited by MnB; Mar 3rd 2011 at 10:01 pm.
MnB is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:02 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA!

Thanks for message.

Regarding relationship, we have now compiled 10 photos stretching 1997 - 2011, various utility bills, bank statements etc. for the past couple of years, marriage certificate, NI contribution document showing addresses for both of us. This should be enough I think... if not its crazy!

We are aiming to replace her passport before we hopefully leave... but I wanted to get ITA submitted and then worry about replacing passport. Surely they shouldn't worry about it, but when they come to stamp of course we would have a renewed one by then.

I'm assuming it will be ok and still getting everthing ready... going to pop to work in a bit and use the photocopier lol
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:50 pm
  #12  
MnB
 
MnB's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Welly UK to Welly NZ to Welly UK
Posts: 2,227
MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
Thanks for message.

Regarding relationship, we have now compiled 10 photos stretching 1997 - 2011, various utility bills, bank statements etc. for the past couple of years, marriage certificate, NI contribution document showing addresses for both of us. This should be enough I think... if not its crazy!

We are aiming to replace her passport before we hopefully leave... but I wanted to get ITA submitted and then worry about replacing passport. Surely they shouldn't worry about it, but when they come to stamp of course we would have a renewed one by then.

I'm assuming it will be ok and still getting everthing ready... going to pop to work in a bit and use the photocopier lol
Yeah you would think it would be enough.....just keep a list and a copy of every thing, so if they query it you can point them in the right direction.
Re passport....won't be a problem having a new one for visa, think you'll just have to send both in when the time comes.
B
MnB is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:10 pm
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rick78's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA!

what a whirlwind the past 24hrs has been!

last night, around 10pm we though we may not be able to submit ITA today due to passport, but after getting advice here and on emigratenz we decided to go for it. Cue me at 1am in work this morning photocopying everything, emailing ADHB for some more information which they duly sent, and then me preparing everything and heading to bed at 3am!

I had to wake up early to finish everything off and write cover letter... then work from 8am - 11.30am and a mad rush to london!

so I rock up at nz house around 2am... its dead quiet... pick up my deli counter ticket and immediately see the advisor and we go through everything... she is well impressed with everything i brought (i did go to town a bit!) and she reckons it'll be issued in no time which is nice!

so yes, from despair to absolute joy in no time at all!

so its all done... just a waiting game now!

i took all passports back home and will renew my daughters immediately!
rick78 is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:20 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 132
4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ITA!

NZ house was open at 2am??!!?
4pommes is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:24 pm
  #15  
MnB
 
MnB's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Welly UK to Welly NZ to Welly UK
Posts: 2,227
MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA!

Originally Posted by rick78 View Post
what a whirlwind the past 24hrs has been!

last night, around 10pm we though we may not be able to submit ITA today due to passport, but after getting advice here and on emigratenz we decided to go for it. Cue me at 1am in work this morning photocopying everything, emailing ADHB for some more information which they duly sent, and then me preparing everything and heading to bed at 3am!

I had to wake up early to finish everything off and write cover letter... then work from 8am - 11.30am and a mad rush to london!

so I rock up at nz house around 2am... its dead quiet... pick up my deli counter ticket and immediately see the advisor and we go through everything... she is well impressed with everything i brought (i did go to town a bit!) and she reckons it'll be issued in no time which is nice!

so yes, from despair to absolute joy in no time at all!

so its all done... just a waiting game now!

i took all passports back home and will renew my daughters immediately!
good on ya!!......sweet as
MnB is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.