Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

INZ London has lost part of my marriage certificate!

INZ London has lost part of my marriage certificate!

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default INZ London has lost part of my marriage certificate!

When our visa's came back last month I checked through everything to make sure I had got back what I sent... it has just occurred to me something is missing, the translation part to my Mexican marriage certificate I cant believe it!! It was a typed translation, therefore in black & white, but had the translators original signature on it. I guess they thought it was a photocopy & have not returned it, as they havent returned some of the other stuff I sent which were photocopies. I cannot just ask for another copy, its going to be a right malarky if I have to somehow contact somewhere in Mexico to try & get this Luckily I have a photocopy of it, so its not completely lost in translation... but what if I have to produce the original marriage cert in the future & whoever I have to present it to, will not accept a photocopy of the translation?! So I have emailed INZ London through their website registering a formal complaint. Have to wait up to 10 days for a response though
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: INZ London has lost part of my marriage certificate!

Originally Posted by keeny
When our visa's came back last month I checked through everything to make sure I had got back what I sent... it has just occurred to me something is missing, the translation part to my Mexican marriage certificate I cant believe it!! It was a typed translation, therefore in black & white, but had the translators original signature on it. I guess they thought it was a photocopy & have not returned it, as they havent returned some of the other stuff I sent which were photocopies. I cannot just ask for another copy, its going to be a right malarky if I have to somehow contact somewhere in Mexico to try & get this Luckily I have a photocopy of it, so its not completely lost in translation... but what if I have to produce the original marriage cert in the future & whoever I have to present it to, will not accept a photocopy of the translation?! So I have emailed INZ London through their website registering a formal complaint. Have to wait up to 10 days for a response though

Thats awful! Hopefully INZ will send you the original back now you have registered a complaint with them! Fingers crossed