Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Into the hands of the Gods ~ ITA Submitted

Into the hands of the Gods ~ ITA Submitted

Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Default Into the hands of the Gods ~ ITA Submitted

Well, I just submitteed my ITA.....

They say up to 7 months before I hear back (Worse case).

Hope it is quicker than that!!! Anybody have any recent experience of UK ITA waiting times?

Gizzy.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Into the hands of the Gods ~ ITA Submitted

Good Luck
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:03 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobDon
Good Luck
Good luck from us too! Time will soon go by

Tina and Will/ x
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK for a quick result. Well don't be a stranger.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:43 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Ours was about 5 months all in, but we had to go via medicals, so your 7 months may come down a bit?

Whatever happens, good luck and if you have any problems there are some brilliant people on here for sorting out any queries you may have and just offering a bit of support.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:24 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Gizmo, hope you're wait isn't too long, just remember some dreams do come true
B x
Old Apr 1st 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys & girls

Originally Posted by teeym
Ours was about 5 months all in, but we had to go via medicals, so your 7 months may come down a bit?
I hope so. I passed my pre-ITA submission medical with no problems found on anything so I hope it will be fairly quick as I was made redundant in February so am just kicking my heels at home right now wanting to get to NZ to look for work!

Or was that hit the ski slopes? I can't remember.....
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:25 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

for you. Hope it all goes swiftly. As you can see from our time line it took about 6 1/2 months from submitting ITA to getting WTR approval. BUT that was due to assumptions and mistakes on my part
If I hadn't made incorrect assumptions/mistakes it would have been quicker - probably more along the lines of 5 or 5 1/2 months.

So as long as you weren't as silly as I was, you should hear quicker than that - always assuming that the waiting time doesn't magically get extended now!

What sort of line of work are you in? Once I had submitted our ITA and got a rough idea of when we would get visas, prospective employers were more keen to offer me interviews, even though my career is on the LTSS. May be worth a try applying for jobs now and explaining that you are in the process of getting a visa.
Remember if you do get a job offer your application would be fast-tracked.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We are coming up to 4 mths at the end of this month, But we ve had problems along the way,
All good things are worth waiting for , Good Luck
Jo
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:58 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Our application whizzed through in about 3 months, though the original estimate was 5. That included a medical referral and some requests for extra information.

As a previous poster said, getting a job offer is the most sure fire way of speeding things up. I've heard of some unbelievably fast processing for people with a job offer.

WP
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

K and J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gizmo,

We submitted SMC application in January 2010 (EOI Oct 2009). I got a job offer in March and they processed our application and granted Residency in 4 days! If you've got time on your hands it's really worth looking at the jobs available - a job offer makes ALL the difference.

Good luck!