Immigration Changes Effective Today

Old May 27th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Natalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really nice
Default Re: Immigration Changes Effective Today

Thanks for the idea and it is a good one it's just that our medicals ran out on the 20th June - thats why we submitted our ITA before the change of policy date
We would have to pay £400 for new medicals, plus the EOI cost plus the new ITA cost of £650 and we really dont have the pennies

I think we'll just have to bite the bullet and get the extra evidence that she has requested. If it means we have to wait until after the baby's born to go then thats what we'll have to do - we'll get there in the end - just hope my husbands employer will keep the job offer open.

Thanks for everyones help and advice x
Old May 27th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Natalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really nice

PS = I meant our medicals ran out on 20th May!!!
Old May 28th 2009, 12:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

First thought.

What about a one year temporary work visa to get you here and hubby working ? More money and paperwork but it would get you here. job offers are worth their weight in gold.

A suggestion only.

Thank your CO for her prompt answer and let her know you understand that she can only apply the rules. Ask her what the procedure is for an appeal against this and for the contact name of a superior - a supervisor of that branch ( London). Say that the NZ employer is still keen for your husband to start work & to be fair to the employer your family feel they must do all they can to facilitate this application, especially given that the current UK trade quals are now recognised and that this is simply a timing issue .

Will the employer be willing to underpin this for you with a phone call or email to your CO ?

If you are up for the temp work visa idea, then let her know that the employer is needing your husband to start & you are willing to start a temp work visa application NOW.

IF NZIS have changed the trade qual recognition to include NVQ3 then it's most likely that so has NZQA .
Have you tried an NZQA pre-assessment which can be done on-line? Perhaps go for a fast track . I know. It is yet most money.

If the NVQ3 for the trade, stonemason came back at the NZIS/NZQA level 4 then NZIS would maybe have to accept this regardless . Before this new change, those whose NZQA assessments which matched the level required by NZIS had their quals accepted for points. It was and remains part of NZIS policy.

Worth a try.