HELP NEEDED!

Old Jan 31st 2017, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Lauren1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP NEEDED!

Hi, I've tried to find all the information I can online and I've sent a few emails around but haven't had anything back, so thank you in advance!

I'm hoping to move to New Zealand in the next 2/3 years and want to become a qualified hairdresser before I leave. I don't know what level I have to be qualified to in the UK that will allow me to move over to New Zealand on a permanent basis.

Can anyone help?? Thanks.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 3:24 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP NEEDED!

hairdressering at the moment is on the List of Skilled Occupations which means you would have to get a job offer from an accredited company to be eligible to possibly up lift a visa.

here are the requirements as they stand today:

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
OR
The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
OR
The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
OR
Five years of relevant work experience.

here are the requirements as per ANZSCO:

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, 2006.

You will need to check the skills list regularly to see if the occupation is removed or changed. Skill Shortage List Checker – Immigration New Zealand
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Lauren1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
hairdressering at the moment is on the List of Skilled Occupations which means you would have to get a job offer from an accredited company to be eligible to possibly up lift a visa.

here are the requirements as they stand today:

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
OR
The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
OR
The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
OR
Five years of relevant work experience.

here are the requirements as per ANZSCO:

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, 2006.

You will need to check the skills list regularly to see if the occupation is removed or changed. Skill Shortage List Checker – Immigration New Zealand

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm aware of all that, I just can't seem to figure out how the qualifications correspond to each other, for example; would a level 3 NVQ in hairdressing awarded in the UK be the equivalent of a level 4 qualification in New Zealand?? It's all very confusing.

Thanks again!
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

think you may have to get it accessed ?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome.

I'm not wishing to put a dampener on your emigration dreams but you may find it very difficult to emigrate to NZ as a hairdresser.
This isn't an occupation that New Zealand needs or wants so is not in shortage here.
Any salon with a vacancy must offer that work to an NZ resident or citizen unless they are able to prove there is no-one for that work or that could be trained for that work & to be honest salons are quite often overrun with college trainees looking to be placed .
The only time I ever remember a UK trained hairdresser managing to emigrate with this occupation was that she was able to claim management level as she had run several salons .

In summary. Becoming a fully qualified UK hairdresser will not allow you to move over to New Zealand on a permanent basis.

Do you have another skilled occupation?