Have question filling online EOI help

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Have question filling online EOI help

Hi everyone,

just starting to fill out above form, please can anyone help with the
following questions:

what is the difference between Taxation Number and Social Security NO.

I think Social Security no is my husbands NI NO
and his Taxation No will be his local tax office.

I am only on page three, I am wishing that already I had not started.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:44 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI help

In the USA the social security number is the same as one's taxation number. If and when you reach New Zealand you will get an IRD number (Inland Revenue Department) which will be your tax number.
My advice is to put in the tax number that you use in the UK.

Hang in there. The form is a bit long and daunting, but you don't have to do it in one go. Just be methodical and take it as you go. If you come to something that seems confusing, come on here and there are heaps of people that will be happy to help you sort it out.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
In the USA the social security number is the same as one's taxation number. If and when you reach New Zealand you will get an IRD number (Inland Revenue Department) which will be your tax number.
My advice is to put in the tax number that you use in the UK.

Hang in there. The form is a bit long and daunting, but you don't have to do it in one go. Just be methodical and take it as you go. If you come to something that seems confusing, come on here and there are heaps of people that will be happy to help you sort it out.

Good luck.
Just to say thank you for your advise.

We are based in UK, not to sure if it is the same as USA.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:56 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

It's your tax number they want. Why? Beats me. Bureaucrats are curious creatures.