Have question filling online EOI

Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Have question filling online EOI

Its me again, now on page 9

section D - Englst Language Ability

Please can anyone advise me were to look, cannot find relevant info
We all speke English and lived in uk all of our live.

Karen

Wish I had not started.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI

You write that you are a native English speaker who has lived all of your life in an English speaking country and attended English speaking schools. That is what I put and apparently it was fine. Don't sweat it. These are not trick questions. The people who will process your form will recognise that you are a native speaker.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
You write that you are a native English speaker who has lived all of your life in an English speaking country and attended English speaking schools. That is what I put and apparently it was fine. Don't sweat it. These are not trick questions. The people who will process your form will recognise that you are a native speaker.
Thanks for your help,
On page 9 it asks you to tick one of the answers which one do I tick
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:53 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Thanks for your help,
On page 9 it asks you to tick one of the answers which one do I tick
Sorry, I did my EOI December 2005, so it has been a while.

What are the choices again?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, I did my EOI December 2005, so it has been a while.

What are the choices again?
Section D: English language ability
In this section we ask you to confirm that you meet the minimum standard of English language, which is a prerequisite of the Skilled Migrant Category. Please provide the following details about your English language
ability. Section SM5 of the Skilled Migrant Category policy refers.
Please indicate how you meet the minimum standard of English, as defined in the Guide under English Language Requirements in the section Summary of Terms. (Select one only)

An IELTS Test Report with an overall band score of 6.5 or more ] Go to Q D3
Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English ] Go to Q E1
Current skilled employment in New Zealand for 12 months or more ] Go to Q E1
Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide ] Go to Q D2

PLEASE NOTE: If you selected one of the last three options, you may be asked to provide an IELTS certificate.

If you cannot demonstrate that you meet the minimum standard of English, your Expression of Interest cannot be accepted into the Pool. You should not complete any further questions. Please provide details explaining why you meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide under
English Language Requirements in the section Summary of Terms.
If you have an IELTS certificate, what is your IELTS Test Report Form number?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:05 pm

Go to Q D2. The IELTS thingie is a test that non-native English speakers take. It's an acronym for International English Language Testing Syndicate (ran by your very own Cambridge University). You are a native English speaker. You don't need it.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Go to Q D2. The IELTS thingie is a test that non-native English speakers take. It's an acronym for International English Language Testing Syndicate (ran by your very own Cambridge University). You are a native English speaker. You don't need it.
A big big thank you
regards
Karen
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:30 pm

Hang in there.