Got our Passports back!

Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got our Passports back!

Picked up the special delivery parcel from the sorting office yesterday! 3 Passports with our PR visas in and then on the next page our returning residents visas.

So all done and dusted on the application.
Got to sort out the contents of the house now, got a tenant renting from January time which is great. We now have to decide what we want to ship over and the timings of shipping (we have been quoted 12 weeks).

Once Christmas has been and gone we are pretty much on the home stretch to moving abroad!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Default Re: Got our Passports back!

Oh how exciting!!! Congratulations. Do you mind if I ask how long it took from ita arriving to present?

Congrats again!!!
Ali
Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Its a difficult question to answer, the reason being Jo was pregant while we were going through our application.

How it all panned out was; once the EOI was submitted NZI moved quite quickly with processing our application. It wasn't long until we got our ITA.
From there we got all of the ITA paperwork together bar Jo's chest xray (due to pregnancy) and all of baby's documents ( wasn't born yet)

The application carried on as normal, had our telephone interview and were granted PR. We had to wait until baby was born, had a birth certificate, was old enough for a medical and had a passport before we could submit the necessary papwerwork.

From there it took about a week and a bit.

As I have said before each application is different and comes with different circumstances. There is no minimum or maximum time the application takes.
As long as you understand exactly what NZI want of you and submit everything then there should'nt be any hold ups.

Oh have some patience as well, its a long process for both applicatant and NZI.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Its a difficult question to answer, the reason being Jo was pregant while we were going through our application.

How it all panned out was; once the EOI was submitted NZI moved quite quickly with processing our application. It wasn't long until we got our ITA.
From there we got all of the ITA paperwork together bar Jo's chest xray (due to pregnancy) and all of baby's documents ( wasn't born yet)

The application carried on as normal, had our telephone interview and were granted PR. We had to wait until baby was born, had a birth certificate, was old enough for a medical and had a passport before we could submit the necessary papwerwork.

From there it took about a week and a bit.

As I have said before each application is different and comes with different circumstances. There is no minimum or maximum time the application takes.
As long as you understand exactly what NZI want of you and submit everything then there should'nt be any hold ups.

Oh have some patience as well, its a long process for both applicatant and NZI.
Hi LukeandJo

Good luck to you both - very envious. Can I ask if there is anything to expect as I'm in a similar position in that I'm pregnant, but only at the beginning of my applications (baby not due to March). Apart from what you've already mentioned, medical not including x-rays, baby docs being sent after born (what age can you send them) is there anything I should be aware of??

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Congratulations

Ian.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Scousebird, nothing out of the ordinary.
Once NZI knew about Jos pregnancy they asked us to send in the documents once baby was born, and baby would be added to our application.

You wont get charged the migrant levy or get yourpassports back until everything has been submitted, so you may want to hold off if you require your passports or other documentation.

Thanks for the replies!
Its exciting times.

edit
once baby was signed off from the health visitor we then got the medicals done.
Hmmm 9-12 weeks I think. You will need to take your red book with you.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Scousebird, nothing out of the ordinary.
Once NZI knew about Jos pregnancy they asked us to send in the documents once baby was born, and baby would be added to our application.

You wont get charged the migrant levy or get yourpassports back until everything has been submitted, so you may want to hold off if you require your passports or other documentation.

Thanks for the replies!
Its exciting times.

edit
once baby was signed off from the health visitor we then got the medicals done.
Hmmm 9-12 weeks I think. You will need to take your red book with you.
Ta. I'm just doing all the paperwork now so I can concentrate on selling the house and having the baby. I'm happy to take things slow once (and if!) everything gets approved, just want the PR then I know I've 12 months to get there. If that makes sense?! I don't expect to get it til after baby gets here which is I think is a realistic time to aim for given what I've seen of everyone else's experience. Thanks again.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Post Re: Got our Passports back!

Hello

congratulations
can i just ask a few questions about ITA and sending back, firstly the covering letter what did you put, not sure what to send. and secondly did you send copies of the original certificates with the originals. as it mentions at top of my letter to include these things.

We have our medicals booked and we are going 08/12 then hopefully have the ITA sent back before christmas. :-)
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Picked up the special delivery parcel from the sorting office yesterday! 3 Passports with our PR visas in and then on the next page our returning residents visas.

So all done and dusted on the application.
Got to sort out the contents of the house now, got a tenant renting from January time which is great. We now have to decide what we want to ship over and the timings of shipping (we have been quoted 12 weeks).

Once Christmas has been and gone we are pretty much on the home stretch to moving abroad!
Hey Guys,cogratulationsthis happened to us last year.We applied in November,were accepted before christmas, arrived in NZ early February
best move we've made to date,good luck with everyrthing,Tray
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Well done LukeandJo

How do you pay the migrant levy - is there somewhere to pay online - have been searching the NZIS web site without much success.

Not really keen to fill in the paper application form with all our card numbers and security ID and send through the post

many thanks

Lou
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

We did originally fill in the paper form, if you think about it you are sending your original birth certificates, passports, etc etc so you are going to be sending the package special next day delivery.

Because we were waiting for baby boy to be born the migrant levy cost had increased, we emailed our case officer to take payment from card xyz and gave the details over email.