flights...

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

joanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the rough
Default flights...

hi all we have just been informed that we need to book return flights when we go to nz we r in the process of getting a 2 year visa (this sounds mad to me) is this right....and also can anyone tell me how the sorted out rental accommodation from the uk ready for when we get there.....thanks...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:04 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: flights...

Originally Posted by joanne..uk
hi all we have just been informed that we need to book return flights when we go to nz. We are in the process of getting a 2 year visa (this sounds mad to me) is this right...
If you get the visa before you leave you should have on your visa 'outward passage waived.' This would relieve the airline of any responsibility of repatriating you in case New Zealand Immigration refuses to allow you in. With that magic phrase 'outward passage waived' printed on your visa you should be able to purchase a one-way ticket.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

joanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the roughjoanne..uk is a jewel in the rough

hi thanks for that ..thought it was a bit odd as our visa,s are going to be up to 3 yrs we just got told that they wont let us in nz if we didnt have a return flight booked ...thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:52 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

hi thanks for that ..thought it was a bit odd as our visas are going to be up to 3 yrs. We just got told that they wont let us in nz if we didnt have a return flight booked ...thanks.
Nah, with a three-year visa you don't have to have a return flight booked.

Remember the magic phrase, 'Outward passage waived.' Make sure that you get that as well as multiple entry for your visa. You never know, you may want to go over the ditch to Aussie for a holiday or sample one of the Pacific Islands that are only several hours flight-time away.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Nah, with a three-year visa you don't have to have a return flight booked.

Remember the magic phrase, 'Outward passage waived.' Make sure that you get that as well as multiple entry for your visa. You never know, you may want to go over the ditch to Aussie for a holiday or sample one of the Pacific Islands that are only several hours flight-time away.

Good luck.
It can't be expected for the simple reason that airlines won't book that far ahead
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It can't be expected for the simple reason that airlines won't book that far ahead
Exactamundo. Airlines generally will not book a flight more than eleven months in advance.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:21 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

hi all we have just been informed that we need to book return flights when we go to nz we r in the process of getting a 2 year visa (this sounds mad to me) is this right....and also can anyone tell me how the sorted out rental accommodation from the uk ready for when we get there.....thanks...
Hi unless you have permanent residency or correct visa I am sure you need a return flight (so you can leave if you don't get visa). We had to have return flights which we sold to the airline once we got residency.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If your work visa is in place, inside your UK passports before you leave the UK , you need only book one way flights.

We didn't sort out accom before we arrived. MY husband stayed in a bunk house and then once I arrived we looked over rentals together. We were very aware that rental standards vary greatly & we came into winter here.
We found a reasonable rental with heating. It was unfurnished but the landlords helped us out a bit and we bought a few cheap bits and bobs from the Warehouse.
Some families hole up in a motel or on a holiday park whilst doing the rental rounds. You may wish to book a holiday home for the first month if you have ££ to spare.
Two cats came out with us . There was no problem finding a rental with them in tow.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 27th 2008 at 9:31 pm.