EOI submitted!

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

triswebb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI submitted!

Hi all,

I recently wrote on the intro board and thank you for all your kind welcomes. After much debate and after getting to speak with the immigration office in New Zealand we decided to go ahead and submit our EOI without a job offer and keep our fingers crossed that if/when we get a job offer we can travel on a work visa - this seemed the best option as then we are not wasting time with the residency application!

Anyhow, fingers crossed - not sure when the next pick from the pool is, but we had 130 points, both under 30 and with work experience and degrees in the sill shortage area - the nervous wait begins!

Again, thank you all for your welcomes, I really look forward to following everyones progress.

tris
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:28 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EOI submitted!

Best of luck! O O O O have a few hoops, you can practise jumping through these in preparation for the dealings with Immi NZ that lie ahead.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

I think that the next selection is today in NZ, so fingers crossed we will have some news shortly!

I have read about some of these hoops - sounds interesting - I have lived and worked in NZ for the last 2 of 3.5 years and really should have done all this when I had my holiday work visa, never mind!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:27 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tris!! Hopefully you'll get some good news later today
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes. The next selection is today. 4th Nov.

you are selected straight away.

With the hoops comes Immigration Finger Syndrome as identified by RobDon.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Vamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the rough

Just wanted to wish you good luck
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly is exciting to get it submitted!
The day of the pool meet, you should know as well.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Yes, very excited to get it submitted - and we got selected!!! I know from reading on here its by no means reason to celebrate just yet as there is a looonnnnnnggggggg process ahead, but we had to have a little smile on our faces this morning all the same

Thank you all for the kind words - was anyone else is this weeks pool?

All the best,

tris

p.s
Just to recap for anyone worried about point numbers etc etc - we had 130 points, both with degrees in the skill shortage area and a little experience in our positions (Jen - nurse 3 years, me - IT 2 years, but been out of it for a while)
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:40 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats tris!!! you go ahead and be happy, I was doing the dance of joy for days when we were selected (the 2nd time ). Enjoy the moment

I wish I could tell you your worries are over, they've only just begun, I guess until (if and when) we get those blue stickers that we can all let out sighs of relief Best of luck with the rest of the nerve wrecking process!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

CONGRATS we were selected also just got to get the medicals sorted when we get home. I will be referred so Jim will be going out ahead of us as he starts work on the 18th Jan

Good Luck hope its for you

Angela & Jim x