English language requirement

Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:37 am
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute
Default English language requirement

Hi!

I am in the process to submit my ITA and I have everything ready except the IELTS test.

Although English is not my first language, I spent my last 5 years living and working in the UK and 1 year ago I enrolled at University. I successfully passed with good marks all the required modules.

So, my question is, on the basis of the above considerations, can I lodge my Visa Application without my IELTS certificate?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Tony
Old Oct 11th 2013, 8:21 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English language requirement

I believe as it is not your first language you have to provide the IELTS

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iworkfromresi/

see minimum standard of English language section
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:01 pm
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I believe as it is not your first language you have to provide the IELTS

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iworkfromresi/

see minimum standard of English language section
Hi MrsFychan,

Thank you for your reply. Do you think a letter from my University could be acceptable? I know that I should provide an IELTS certificate, but time is running out and I would like to lodge my ITA now. In the case INZ will ask for the IELTS, I will send it. Comments, please...

Cheers,
Tony
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:28 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I don't. its states you will need an IELTS so I think you should be getting that in as quickly as possible. ITA is done in stages and they do not go onto other stages until the one they are on is completed.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:51 pm
Hello World!

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
sorry I don't. its states you will need an IELTS so I think you should be getting that in as quickly as possible. ITA is done in stages and they do not go onto other stages until the one they are on is completed.
Got it. Anyway, what a pain in...!

Thank you MrsFychan.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

harry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading different blogs that is related to NZ immigration, if you have letter from the College or University mentioning that entire course was taught in English medium then you can add this letter while submitting ITA. If you have proof from employer then you can add that too,you might get waiver for IELTS. If CO requested then you can need to appear for IELTS and must need to get 6.5 over all.

Hope this help.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 6:59 am
Hello World!

Originally Posted by harry79
I have been reading different blogs that is related to NZ immigration, if you have letter from the College or University mentioning that entire course was taught in English medium then you can add this letter while submitting ITA. If you have proof from employer then you can add that too,you might get waiver for IELTS. If CO requested then you can need to appear for IELTS and must need to get 6.5 over all.

Hope this help.
Hi Harry79,

I'll try this avenue. I'll let you know the response from CO.

Thank you very much, indeed.

Cheers,
Tony
Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:27 am
Hello World!

Hi guys!

At the end I opted for taking the IELTS test and I have got my results today:

L:6.5 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:7.0

Thank you for your precious support!

Tony
Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

harry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. You are all set now.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Good scores !
Old Oct 25th 2013, 2:10 pm
Hello World!

Thank you!!! Next Monday I'll lodge my ITA, I hope that it will be processed asap.

I'm heading to Auckland for the first week of December.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 6:43 pm

good luck
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:51 am
Hello World!

Thank you MrsFychan!