EGFR Blood Test needs to be repeated!!!

Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Angry EGFR Blood Test needs to be repeated!!!

Hi Everyone

Is there anyone out there who has had their medical for New Zealand like I have just had this week and had to have it repeated? As I need my EGFR Blood Test done again. I am going for it in the morning. This has shaken me a bit.
Paula - UK
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: EGFR Blood Test needs to be repeated!!!

Dont worry about it . It was probably slightly raised on the forst test and they just want to make sure its not too serious hence why their repeting it. Nz dont want anyone to be a birden on their already streched public health system.
I am a nurse working in ICU over here and I had the same thing. If you want more info on a presonal level I can pm you!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

Hi Newfies
Thanks for replying - I had blood test again this morning, Doc says it is slightly BELOW normal although they didn't tell me how much below. I have got high blood pressure which is controlled with BP medication - I won't know until next week if this test is the same or better!! So am in for a long weekend ahead. If it is the same I assume I will be referred to a Nephrologist and I have already order my Police Check so that looks like we may have to pay for them again if I need further investigations (obviously if I don't sort this out now then when my application gets to New Zealand Immigration in London (we were hoping to take it down in March 2009 by hand) then the medical officer there will request further evidence/prognosis. So I still feel very fed up - so near yet so far to my children - and this happens - a PM would be great if you can reassure me and also tell me what you think might happen if still the same result.

Paula
Old Feb 14th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paula, hope your new test has the right results for you. Could you tell me what a EGFR test is for, please?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
The blood test is to see how well your kidneys are functioning. As you get older the function does decrease - I have high blood pressure controlled with medication to 'normal readings' - this could cause an abnormal reading (which in my case was a bit low). As it is the weekend I have not had that phone call yet from the doctor but I assume when they get the second result back they will phone me either way - so watch this space!!
Paula
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Paula, I thought it might be that but there are so many initials in all the forms etc !! Fingers crossed for you then x
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: EGFR Blood Test needs to be repeated!!!

Hi

Just to say that I have had a phone call today from the surgery where I had my New Zealand medical done - to tell me that I have now been successful in passing my medical and they are sending me the paperwork back today- I didn't realise that they would phone me so that has laid my mind to rest.

Phew - next stop - New Zealand House in March to hand in my paperwork.

Paula
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Smile Re: EGFR Blood Test needs to be repeated!!!

Hi Paula

Thats great news for you !!

Take care
Steelblue's OH
x
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Good NEws, Hope everything else goes smoothly for you