Dependant mother.....

Old May 12th 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Jachi will become famous soon enough
Default Dependant mother.....

Hi
I am Australian born and have lived in Auckland where I have two sons and two grandsons. I have decided after 7 years of living in the UK to return to Auckland to be near my family. The problem is that I have a mum who is 68 and in good health and she wants to come with me. It is proving hard because I have not lived in NZ for the past three years so I cannot sponsor her. The same applies for my getting her a visa to live in Australia.
Does anyone know if it is possible for her to spend the next three years living alternatively 9 months in NZ and 9 months in Australia. I know she can visit for 9 months in any 18 month period in NZ but I cannot find how many months she can spend in Australia each year? Please does anyone know. Is it possible to jump between the two countries till I can sponsor her after the three year wait is up? Jachi

Last edited by Jachi; May 12th 2007 at 10:13 pm.
Old May 13th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dependant mother.....

Originally Posted by Jachi
Hi
I am Australian born and have lived in Auckland where I have two sons and two grandsons. I have decided after 7 years of living in the UK to return to Auckland to be near my family. The problem is that I have a mum who is 68 and in good health and she wants to come with me. It is proving hard because I have not lived in NZ for the past three years so I cannot sponsor her. The same applies for my getting her a visa to live in Australia.
Does anyone know if it is possible for her to spend the next three years living alternatively 9 months in NZ and 9 months in Australia. I know she can visit for 9 months in any 18 month period in NZ but I cannot find how many months she can spend in Australia each year? Please does anyone know. Is it possible to jump between the two countries till I can sponsor her after the three year wait is up? Jachi
Hi,
as a British Citizen I think the max time allowed in Oz is 3 months.
Debbie
Old May 14th 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Jachi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dependant mother.....

Hi Phil
3 months thats not long!! Thanks for the reply though :S
Debbie