Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Degree NOT on List of Recognised Qualifications - what to do?

Degree NOT on List of Recognised Qualifications - what to do?

Old May 12th 2008, 11:52 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Degree NOT on List of Recognised Qualifications - what to do?

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation...

As the secondary applicant, I was hoping to add some points to hubby's EOI with my degree. However, I could not claim any as the degree is not on the List of Recognised Qualifications (country not even listed ).

Now waiting for our ITA (fingers crossed!!), I was wondering what kind of details they'll ask for. Can any of you currently filling out theirs let me know?

I mean, do they ask for the partner's qualifications in more detail, or do they simply ask whether we have a "recognised" qualification and that's it?

I'm just wondering in case I have to put down my degree and they then ask for it to be assessed by NZQA, which could delay our application considerably. I'd also have to have it translated into English.

I'm hoping they won't bother with it since we haven't claimed any points for it, but if one of you could give me some kind of confirmation, I'd be grateful!! In case I do have to deal with the NZQA, in which case I'd better do it ASAP!

Thanks in advance!
Old May 13th 2008, 11:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Degree NOT on List of Recognised Qualifications - what to do?

If you haven't claimed points for it, then NZIS should not require an NZQA assessment.
Old May 15th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

George2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are claiming points for your qualifications and you submit it to NZQA it won't delay your application. Immigration NZ currently suggest that a skilled migrant application will take between 3 - 6 months. NZQA will assess your qualifications within 20 working days. If you are about to submit your EOI and you wish to claim points for your qualifications - then submit them now - it should work out alright.

Cheers,
Old May 16th 2008, 4:56 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bev, I didn't claim points because they wouldn't let me! Shame as it would've added another 20 points to our EOI and we might have received our ITA this week... never mind. At least it won't cost me money/time having to get it translated and then assessed....

George2008, thanks for your message, but if you read mine again you'll see we are not about to submit our EOI, it's already been selected and we're waiting for an ITA. What I was enquiring about is whether the ITA would ask for more detailed information than the EOI, i.e. the EOI only asked if I had a "recognised" qualification, I thought the ITA might ask what level of education I had, in which case I would have to mention my degree, and then they might request more information seeing that I didn't mention it in the EOI. Does that make sense? I just wanted to be one step ahead just in case. But as Bevs says, since I didn't claim points they probably won't be bothered about it.

Cheers
Old May 18th 2008, 11:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You don't have to put down your degree. It's up to you. It would be quite OK to mention your education and therefore your degree but as you are not claiming points for it, then the NZIS officer would not be looking for further information abut it.

What the NZIS case officer will want is a neat and complete ITA application , with all the certificates & supporting paperwork in good order. The easier the case officers life is made, then better it is for your application .

Even now, there is nothing to stop you from perhaps getting an NZQA PAR report on your degree if you have a few $$$ or ££ to spare. If NZQA recognises it , then you could subsequently add this information to your application.