confused

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink confused

Hi all

We are really confused with the visa sides if things...

I know that when you get PR you have 6 months to send off your passports, and then 12 months to arrive in NZ.

but ..... what happens with a WTR? i cant seem to find anywhere that states exactly how long you have to pack up life here, or arrive in NZ....

do you have to be employed? or can you go self employed? (as a sparkie)

just a bit worried as some sparkies seem to be getting WTR rather than PR

hope someone can answer this for us?

thanks

Anna
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Re: confused

Hi again!

I think without a job offer, the best us sparkies can manage is a WTR visa. This is due to the EWRB registration and applies for pharmacists and other occupations too.

I think if you get issued a WTR permit, you get 3 months to send off for it. You then get a further 6 months once the permit is issued to get over to NZ.

It doesn't give you much time to play with, but enough people on here seem to have managed and have since converted to PR so it is possible!

Best of luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: confused

Hi

That does seem a bit tight, but doable... we are just very worried that we wont get everything done in that time scale!

and also it seems wierd but NZIS want OH to have a provisional licence before we go, but we dont have a job offer so cant get that. any ideas???

Thanks again for your advice

Anna
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Hi

That does seem a bit tight, but doable... we are just very worried that we wont get everything done in that time scale!

and also it seems wierd but NZIS want OH to have a provisional licence before we go, but we dont have a job offer so cant get that. any ideas???

Thanks again for your advice

Anna
Hey! I'm in the same boat, NZIS will be satisfied with the assessment/offer of provisional that your hubby should get once he sends off his qualifications to the EWRB.

Thats all I'm sending over, like you say you can't get a provisional until your working in New Zealand so no need to worry there

I think that as long as you're well organised you will be ok with the timescales, you'll be amazed how quick it starts to come together once the ball is rolling
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dave

So do you have a job to go to?
if you dont, what do you plan to do when you arrive?
how far through the process are you?

when we had our ITA arrive there was a pink A4 page that stated that OH had to get provisional licence first, there was no mention of an alternative letter... thats what has got me worried

so I have emailed immigration to se what they say.....

sorry for the questions, but if you dont ask...........

thanks

Anna
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 7:53 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'm not a sparky, but a pharmacist and had the whole issue with the registration - can't register until I got here, can't get a visa until registered, blah blah blah.

We got WTR on the skilled migrant category. Once we had been given a decision we only had 3 months to get the visa put into our passports and then 3 months to get here - so a max of 6 months from the decision to land in NZ. This didn't bother us as we were eager to get here and I had a job to start. But otherwise, yes it probably will be tight.

We also had the pink A4 sheet saying I needed to have provisional registration. In our ITA I included documents from the NZ Pharmacy Council stating that provisional registration wasn't possible without a visa, and that seemed to satisfy the case officer.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Hi Dave

So do you have a job to go to?
if you dont, what do you plan to do when you arrive?
how far through the process are you?

when we had our ITA arrive there was a pink A4 page that stated that OH had to get provisional licence first, there was no mention of an alternative letter... thats what has got me worried

so I have emailed immigration to se what they say.....

sorry for the questions, but if you dont ask...........

thanks

Anna
No worries It sounds like we're at about the same stage. I've got til the end of August to submit my ITA. We've had medicals and just awaiting the results. I have just verbally received a job offer but am still awaiting the official paperwork, so am not celebrating just yet

I wouldn't get too hung up on that pink piece of paper, mine states the same... it will all be ok, everyone else on here have done the same and it seems to be the norm!

All the best
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies, they are all really helpful, and I am not so worried about that little bit of pink paper anymore!

we have until the end of november to submit our ITA and the medicals booked for october.

after our brief panic of how the heck do we sell house, pack, dog checks, etc etc in under 9 months, i may have convinced OH that 'hey, dont worry we can do anything'!!!!

so either he is in complete denial, or he has just floated off with the fairies like me! as he seems to be getting the hang of it....

keep me up to date as to where you are Dave, and shelloid many thanks for the info too.