Visitor Visa

Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Visitor Visa

Hi all,

Been looking through the threads but cant find an answer to my question.

My Son's girlfriend is going over on a visitors visa to see if she likes it and her ticket is for 6months and 2 days!

We have just realised that the visa is only applicable for 6 months. Do we have to change the ticket or would immigration be ok with the couple of days?

She flys out on the 21st and lands the 23rd of July then the return date is 23rd of Jan but we have been told that because she leaves on the 21st that this is the date that counts, but I am confused as she actually does not get to NZ till the 23rd and then the dates will be fine!

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers

Debs
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hi all,

Been looking through the threads but cant find an answer to my question.

My Son's girlfriend is going over on a visitors visa to see if she likes it and her ticket is for 6months and 2 days!

We have just realised that the visa is only applicable for 6 months. Do we have to change the ticket or would immigration be ok with the couple of days?

She flys out on the 21st and lands the 23rd of July then the return date is 23rd of Jan but we have been told that because she leaves on the 21st that this is the date that counts, but I am confused as she actually does not get to NZ till the 23rd and then the dates will be fine!

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers

Debs
Is she on a British passport? The visa doesn't get put in (stamped) until you arrive at control, so don't see how it would be back dated by 2 days?
Feel the need to go fetch my passports and have a look see.....
Old Jul 9th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hi j19fmm,

Thanks for the rapid response!

Yes she is on a British Passport. Apparently she has just spoke to CITB (???) and they have said she will have to change her ticket as she is over the 180 days?? But if it 180 days why do they say on NZIS 6 months?

Changing the ticket is going to cost about £150!!

Cheers Debi
Old Jul 9th 2010, 11:00 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Is she on a British passport? The visa doesn't get put in (stamped) until you arrive at control, so don't see how it would be back dated by 2 days?
Feel the need to go fetch my passports and have a look see.....
Ditto above....passport is stamped on arrival 'Permit to be in New Zealand 2058 for the purpose of visit, current six (6) months from ....arrival date subject to conditions of visa. You must leave NZ before expiry of your permit, or face removal'
Would be worth a phone call to NZIS (London) before changing tickets.
B x
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi People,

Thanks for the reply's and just an update.

Her ticket was fine and we encountered no problems. I got her to phone NZIS and they said that it IS 6 months and that her tickets would be fine.

Once again, thanks.

Debs