conditions for skilled migration

Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:55 am
Just Joined

joe sod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default conditions for skilled migration

I heard from talking to a new zealander that immigration to new zealand was easier than to australia. However I have looked at the skilled immigration visa requirements and have been surprised at how stringent they are. It appears for alot of occupations you must have a qualification equivalent to the new zealand one and also 3 years relevant work experience, with IT qualifications you also need at least a years experience in the last 18 months. From looking at this it appears that new zealand is alot more difficult than either canada or australia. what do other people think
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: conditions for skilled migration

I'm too old to have qualified for Australia and ice hockey bores the bejabbers out of me so Canada was never a consideration, so yeah, New Zealand for me.

Sorry, I'm not helping you much here.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Im just jumping on cause uv had just one reply.........................if you really want to leave uk u will. We are (me, hubby 2 kids). we wanted to go to Oz but we dont have skills required..................and anyway if Im honest couldnt wait on the process............................we are signing up with recruitment agency in NZ and if they cant get hubby job we will go anyway as u get great advice on this forum.....................dont get me wrong.................this isnt the recommended way to go...............but better to go and try than stay here and be depressed. Im not expert but plenty on here will help if you need any advice..............................good luck!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:10 am
preet in the bays

preetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nice

Originally Posted by joe sod
I heard from talking to a new zealander that immigration to new zealand was easier than to australia. However I have looked at the skilled immigration visa requirements and have been surprised at how stringent they are. It appears for alot of occupations you must have a qualification equivalent to the new zealand one and also 3 years relevant work experience, with IT qualifications you also need at least a years experience in the last 18 months. From looking at this it appears that new zealand is alot more difficult than either canada or australia. what do other people think
For IT we found NZ soooooo much easier - maybe its because I had the right skills. For Oz they wanted us to live in some gorforsaken place away from all the work!!! Anyway NZ took us straightaway (well civil service time) - but I did go an get a job offer first.