Help re PR

Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:21 pm
zuz
Just Joined

zuz will become famous soon enoughzuz will become famous soon enough
Default Help re PR

I have some questions once residency is approved.

Can a non principal applicant go to NZ before the principal applicant?
Does section 18a applies to both principal and non principal?
Do they impose 18a to everyone?
What would happen if employer goes bust when section 18a is still in force?
How long does an applicant have to stay in NZ before going abroad? These trips abroad are business trips which she would need to do as part of the job.

thanks a lot
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help re PR

We have just been given permanent residency. The principal applicant does not have a job and we have no restrictions. I am not the prinicpal applicant but have been given the same visa and my partner. So I guess their is nothing stopping me from going out to NZ first.

As for leaving the country I think you have to apply for a 'returning residents visa' check out this link to the NZIS page.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...7FA/0/1005.pdf
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:41 am
zuz
Just Joined

zuz will become famous soon enoughzuz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help re PR

Originally Posted by nero
We have just been given permanent residency. The principal applicant does not have a job and we have no restrictions. I am not the prinicpal applicant but have been given the same visa and my partner. So I guess their is nothing stopping me from going out to NZ first.

As for leaving the country I think you have to apply for a 'returning residents visa' check out this link to the NZIS page.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...7FA/0/1005.pdf
Thanks nero. I hope we manage to conclude our application faster , 'cos judging by yours it takes ages. Hopefully the fact the the OH has a job offer can make things faster