Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies

City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies

Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Feasty66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies

Hi all

I need some advice.................... please

I have been selected from the Pool and invited to apply under the Skilled Migrant Scheme but on the basis that I get the NZQA to carry out an IQA against my City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies as it needs to be specifically equivalent to the National Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 4 OR National Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Electrical Engineering) Level 4 to gain the bonus points I need to proceed.

In order to submit my IQA, I need to find a copy of the Syllabus from 1984/85.

I'm struggling to find this, City & Guilds are researching it but are unsure if they would still hold a copy.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many thanks

Last edited by Feasty66; Jan 31st 2011 at 12:22 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice
Default Re: City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies

Feasty,

PM sent
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Post Re: City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies

Hi

we had a nightmare with my partners qualifications. He has an Advanced Modern Apprenticeship in Mechanics. Even tho this qualification was on exempt from assessment list. we had to get a reissue of his certificates and spoke to City and Guilds and the industry of the Motor industry for the module scheme. they only had to go back 12 years so may have been easier to get.

This was the hardest part of our EOI as to get enough points we had to get points for his qualifications. took us a few months but we got all we needed in the end.
Having a qualification from City and Guilds is your qualification not exempt from assessment?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

frankiebhoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies

Originally Posted by Feasty66
Hi all

I need some advice.................... please

I have been selected from the Pool and invited to apply under the Skilled Migrant Scheme but on the basis that I get the NZQA to carry out an IQA against my City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic's Craft Studies as it needs to be specifically equivalent to the National Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 4 OR National Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Electrical Engineering) Level 4 to gain the bonus points I need to proceed.

In order to submit my IQA, I need to find a copy of the Syllabus from 1984/85.

I'm struggling to find this, City & Guilds are researching it but are unsure if they would still hold a copy.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many thanks

Hi Feasty I have a similar problem myself.
I sat my C&G back in the 80s. I was a yts worker who got an apprenticeship and to this day I still say it was a dodge the tories used to get the dole numbers down.
I contacted C&G to get duplicates, paid my dosh and was told that they did not have anything on me apart from 2 I sat in 1994/96 for a fast fit company I worked for at that time.
I contacted Scottish Motor trade and explained this to them and they gave me a certificate to say that I had served my time as an apprentice and they had a log of it, but not C&G London. Twats!
That was 3 years ago and I gave up hope as I looked like a liar on paper. Did you get yours sorted out, and if so how.
I only have 2 years left to apply and I am desperate to get to Oz asap.
Any help from anyone would be a godsend.

Thanks anyone who can help.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It's an old thread and the posters didn't come back to it sadly for you.

Husband managed to get copies of his C&G certs from 1978 back in 2003 when we emigrated.

Do you remember receiving your C&G certs back in the 80's after your final exams etc ?

It's no help but there should be a record. If Scottish Motor trade have a log of your apprenticeship and indentures then perhaps they would liaise with C&G on your behalf.

Perhaps the clerk at the other end of C&G didn't look properly or perhaps your name was mis-spelt. I'd complain and have them look again
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

frankiebhoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
It's an old thread and the posters didn't come back to it sadly for you.

Husband managed to get copies of his C&G certs from 1978 back in 2003 when we emigrated.

Do you remember receiving your C&G certs back in the 80's after your final exams etc ?

It's no help but there should be a record. If Scottish Motor trade have a log of your apprenticeship and indentures then perhaps they would liaise with C&G on your behalf.

Perhaps the clerk at the other end of C&G didn't look properly or perhaps your name was mis-spelt. I'd complain and have them look again
Hi Bev's.
Thanks for the reply.
I have exhausted myself on this one. I have the same problem with my O'level results, they say I was never at the school!!!!!! 5 year I was there.
I even have letters from my MP trying to help me but to no avail
It is so annoying when people just say sorry your not on our system there fore you couldnt have been there. What happened to all the exam results that have gone missing over the years or someone pressing the wrong buttons and deleting files without knowing. I dont know what I can do now I am just puffed out with it all, and when I seen Feasty's post I thought I was on to something.

Thanks again Bev's.