validating visa?

Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:52 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default validating visa?

what's that all about, tried looking on Immigration NZ website but their search facility is as user friendly as this one, meaning not.

When we get the PR approved , get the blue stickers in the passport can we just not fly to NZ and get on with our lives or do we have to do a merry dance and enter, leave and then re-enter and if that is the case what are the time scales?

Help as had a really bad paperwork, flight looking day and my head is pounding and now the lovely Fychan has stuck this question into the mix
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: validating visa?

I think what you're referring to is when someone has their visa and can't for some reason - like waiting to sell a house in the UK - move permanently to NZ within the time specified on their visa, so they go to NZ and get the appropriate entry stamp as they pass through Immigration at the airport. Once they have officially entered NZ the second part of their visa then applies, the bit with 'travel restrictions' that then allows you to come back to the UK.

If you're all sorted before you leave for NZ then you just buy your one way ticket and go.

John.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

When we get the PR approved , get the blue stickers in the passport can we just not fly to NZ and get on with our lives
Yes.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:45 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that, how long do you get once you get your blue stickers to enter the country? hopefully we will get the blue stickers before we fly on January 8th as not returning to UK for 6mths after that
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

You have 1 year from when the stickers are put into your passport. They will be dated and it will state the date by which you must have entered NZ. There are no exceptions and if you don't make it - tough! We validated ours last October with about 3 days to spare!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:31 pm

thank you very much, told hubby thought it was a year.
Hopefully we will get it all done and dusted before we go out on 8th Jan if not we are coming back for a visit June so still loads of time to get it done
Old Nov 16th 2011, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
thank you very much, told hubby thought it was a year.
Hopefully we will get it all done and dusted before we go out on 8th Jan if not we are coming back for a visit June so still loads of time to get it done
Maybe it's me reading this incorrectly, but if you don't get your blue stickers in your passports before you come I assume you're intending on coming without visas as 'holiday makers' for 6 months before you go back to the UK in June. Without your blue stickers you won't be classed as residents which means you won't be able to get your kids into school or registered with GP etc.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 6:44 am

correct, I got an email yesterday saying that we will have an answer within 2 weeks so hopefully everything will be in place when we leave. If not then we will have to wait but have been assured that it will all be sorted before the kids need to start school. if not then we will have to pay

Last edited by MrsFychan; Nov 17th 2011 at 6:54 am.