Citizenship information

Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:09 pm
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice
Smile Citizenship information

Hi all
Thank you all who answer question for us in the past few months. We now have a residency visas (yippee….) and getting ready to move.
As I understand I can apply for citizenship after 5 years (this used to be 3 years) this then allows us to live in any of the Australasia area.
As immigration is slow in giving out information is there a cut off age likey to apply for this process, like the initial immigration process.
At present I am 49 and I don’t want to find I have to leave at the age of 55 after 6 years of settling down buying a home.
As I am in this move is the last and have no intensions in coming back to the UK.

Last edited by simon-nall; Jun 13th 2008 at 3:57 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship information

Originally Posted by simon-nall
Hi all
Thank you all who answer question for us in the past few months. We now have a residency visas (yippee….) and getting ready to move.
As I understand I can apply for citizenship after 5 years (this used to be 3 years) this then allows us to love in any of the Australasia area.
As immigration is slow in giving out information is there a cut off age like to apply for this process like the initial immigration process.
At present I am 49 and I don’t want to find I have to leave at the age of 55 after 6 years of settling down buying a home.
As I am in this move is the last and have no intensions in coming back to the UK.
That is a bonus
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:58 pm
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
That is a bonus
hu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon-nall
hu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
I thought your typo was funny.

(I'll get my coat.)
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:26 pm
slime

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I thought your typo was funny.

(I'll get my coat.)
no my fingers are too fat for the keyboard
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:29 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Hi

As I understand it, permenent residence is just what the name says, its permenent and doesnt depend on you applying for citizenship.

You won't be told to leave after 5 years if you dont apply for citizenship.

As far as i'm aware there is no upper age limit on applying for citizenship

And yes, A NZ citizen has the right to live and work in Australia, its a great bonus

Mike