Change employer in NZ on work permit

Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

RahulM123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Change employer in NZ on work permit

Hi Team,

I came to NZ on work visa in NZ valid for 6 months.Its mentioned on visa that "holder can work as software Engineer for abc organization" .
May I know am I eligible to change my abc organization and work for different organization?

Regards,
Rahul M
Old Nov 14th 2015, 7:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change employer in NZ on work permit

If you want to change company you would have to apply for another visa as you state your existing visa name's the company you are allowed to work for

Originally Posted by RahulM123
Hi Team,

I came to NZ on work visa in NZ valid for 6 months.Its mentioned on visa that "holder can work as software Engineer for abc organization" .
May I know am I eligible to change my abc organization and work for different organization?

Regards,
Rahul M
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Change employer in NZ on work permit

Hi MrsFychan

Thanks for your reply!!
May I know if I can applyfor that visa within NZ or I have to come back to my native country and then apply.

Regards
Rahul M
Old Nov 14th 2015, 8:26 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think you could be able to apply within NZ but you MUST make sure you DO NOT overstay your 6 mth current visa
Old Nov 15th 2015, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Team,

Regards,
Rahul M
If you are in NZ on a temporary work visa gained using a written job offer then you are only lawfully able to remain in the country to live and work whilst working for the employer stated on your visa and in the job that you have been offered up to it's expiry date. They are conditions of your visa.

If you wish to change job and/or change employers, you MUST re-apply for another temporary work visa whilst in NZ and BEFORE accepting the new job. Immigration will determine whether or not the new employer, job position and responsibilities and of course you still meet the criteria to be a temporary worker in NZ. You may also have to resubmit a medical report and character assessments/police reports depending on how long you have been here and depending if your previous ones are still valid.
Old Nov 15th 2015, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Escapedtonz

If i wish to reaply temproray visa than visa needs to be initiated by my new employer or by me?
Old Nov 15th 2015, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Escapedtonz

If i wish to reaply temproray visa than visa needs to be initiated by my new employer or by me?
Can only be you. It's your visa.