Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Old Oct 12th 2015, 8:00 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Hi all,

We submitted my partners IQA last month...it was received on 3rd Sept and a file was set up on the 8th Sept, however, it is yet to be allocated.

I know the NZQA are stating that the process will take longer than usual right now because of the amount of applications they're receiving. However, I was just wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences with their IQA and how long it took to receive an outcome?

Bottom line is, they say wait for them to contact us, so how long should I leave it before I start chasing them?!
karen87 is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2015, 4:22 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Quick update...partners IQA has been allocated today, and now we wait for the evaluation and the report! It took 32 working days for the IQA to just be allocated, which I'm hoping will be useful information to others who are currently submitting or awaiting their allocation.
karen87 is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 1:38 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
Quick update...partners IQA has been allocated today, and now we wait for the evaluation and the report! It took 32 working days for the IQA to just be allocated, which I'm hoping will be useful information to others who are currently submitting or awaiting their allocation.
Please let me know if your process go forward as i have submitted my IQA on 11 Oct, On 14 Oct the file set up now started and they are on the same step till today.

Thanks
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Oct 30th 2015, 7:03 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
Quick update...partners IQA has been allocated today, and now we wait for the evaluation and the report! It took 32 working days for the IQA to just be allocated, which I'm hoping will be useful information to others who are currently submitting or awaiting their allocation.
Hi Karen87,

Could you please let me the status of IQA now, as my IQA still on the the same step i.e. file set up it needs to be allocated yet

Thanks in advance.
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2015, 5:08 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Hi there,

It moved to the 'Quality Checking' stage on 29 October, so we are hopeful for the notification next week.
karen87 is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2015, 8:40 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
Hi there,

It moved to the 'Quality Checking' stage on 29 October, so we are hopeful for the notification next week.
Thanks Karen87 , u can say it took 2 months for for you IQA.
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2015, 6:46 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by Alinoman65 View Post
Thanks Karen87 , u can say it took 2 months for for you IQA.
It has felt much longer!
karen87 is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 3:30 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
It has felt much longer!
Did you email NZQA about the process. I want to know what is the feasible time to interact with them as its already a 3rd week since file was set-up.
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 4:04 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

No, but we were getting close to! We decided to give it until the end of the week, and that week it was assigned.

I knew that if we emailed there response would likely be that they're currently experiencing very high demand for assessments and they'll assess as soon as they can, so didn't think there was much point.
karen87 is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 4:10 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
No, but we were getting close to! We decided to give it until the end of the week, and that week it was assigned.

I knew that if we emailed there response would likely be that they're currently experiencing very high demand for assessments and they'll assess as soon as they can, so didn't think there was much point.
Ok Thanks Karen
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:31 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

The fun with NZQA continues!

After my partners application was not moving in stages for a while, we did decide to call as it was stuck just before the 'Sign Off' stage for over a week. We got told there was a delay with her application because at the 'Quality Checking' stage there was an issue and it had to go back to the original Assessor. Quite what that means I'm not sure, but it has now been signed off and is at the 'Notification' stage. So hopefully it should be posted back to us early next week.

The funny thing is, I sent my IQA in 20 days after my partners and I received mine back today! I got the levels I needed - Level 7 for BSc and Level 9 for MSc Very pleased and relieved, but as my partner will be the Principle Applicant, it is her IQA result that is really important. However, we took the exact same BSc course (same year, same degree, same result), so there should be no reason why her BSc is not assessed as Level 7 also!

Anyway, we're almost there! Once my partners IQA result comes back, sometime next week hopefully, we will be submitting our EOI for the next pool selection in late November
karen87 is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2015, 11:59 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
The fun with NZQA continues!

After my partners application was not moving in stages for a while, we did decide to call as it was stuck just before the 'Sign Off' stage for over a week. We got told there was a delay with her application because at the 'Quality Checking' stage there was an issue and it had to go back to the original Assessor. Quite what that means I'm not sure, but it has now been signed off and is at the 'Notification' stage. So hopefully it should be posted back to us early next week.

The funny thing is, I sent my IQA in 20 days after my partners and I received mine back today! I got the levels I needed - Level 7 for BSc and Level 9 for MSc Very pleased and relieved, but as my partner will be the Principle Applicant, it is her IQA result that is really important. However, we took the exact same BSc course (same year, same degree, same result), so there should be no reason why her BSc is not assessed as Level 7 also!

Anyway, we're almost there! Once my partners IQA result comes back, sometime next week hopefully, we will be submitting our EOI for the next pool selection in late November
..

Best of luck for you.... Its more than a month for me & my IQA yet need to be allocated. Actually I am wondering about my ITA. I have to submit in time because we just went through PAR before submitting EOI.
Thanks for the update
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:23 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Alinoman65, has your IQA progressed to allocation yet? I've read that if you're ITA is pending and you call NZQA then sometimes the process tends to move along a little faster.

We received my partners IQA today and her BSc was assessed at Level 7, so we're happy and relieved about that!
karen87 is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2015, 3:05 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 99
Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
Alinoman65, has your IQA progressed to allocation yet? I've read that if you're ITA is pending and you call NZQA then sometimes the process tends to move along a little faster.

We received my partners IQA today and her BSc was assessed at Level 7, so we're happy and relieved about that!
hi Karen87,Thanks for the reply. No, still my IQA is at the same stage. I am worried how much time will they take after allocation. its more than a month . my ITA dead line is in Jan , Should i email them now or wait for some more days


KR
Alinoman65 is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2015, 3:54 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 62
karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recent experiences with NZQA?

I think with your ITA deadline approaching and the Christmas/New Year break, it couldn't hurt to send them an email asking for an update or ETA.
karen87 is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.