BONUS POINT REJECTED

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:09 am
Just Joined

im_bhatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BONUS POINT REJECTED

I have calculated points as my client’s main occupation is Systems Administrator is listed in current LTSSL and eligible for bonus points. We have submitted the EOI through online services on dated 14/06/2011 and it got selected from fortnight selection of 15/06/11. But after making some preliminary check the EOI is again resubmit in Pool from your side with 120 modified points. In this modification NZ department removed the bonus points of Absolute skill Shortage list. Also remove the work experience points for 10 years more & only consider the points for only 6 to 8 years

I have calculate the points for Master degree as My client completed his Master degree majoring in Computer Science from Kurukshetra University in 2005 from Distance Learning Mode. Which falls in Long term Skill shortage list. But after selection from the pool department did not consider my client’s Qualification in Long term Skill shortage list. As Colum 3 said that Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience required to fall in LTSSL. So if department did not consider his Master degree then My client has also completed his Bachelor of science majoring in computer science qualification from Kurukshetra University in 1996. So he can satisfied the Colum 3 requirement of LTSSL on the basis of his Bachelor degree. If you consider this point then my Client has to go for PAR as Qualification gain 2000 onwards from Kurukshetra University are consider for Exempt from the assessment. If my client can satisfied the Colum 3 requirement then he also satisfied the Colum 4 requirement in order to claim the bonus point of Absolute skill shortage list.

Reply From Case Officer
You may have more than 3 years of relevant of work experience however your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Kurukshetra University, obtained in 1996 is not recognised.
Although Kurukshetra University is included in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (LQEA, Appendix 3), the exemption from assessment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) only applies to qualifications obtained from this institution in or after the year 2000. Since your qualification is not recognised by virtue of the LQEA, it must be assessed by the NZQA to determine its eligibility for bonus points under ICT Professional category.
We are aware that you have a Master of Computer Applications however, this qualification is of a different type and level from the one required by the LTSSL. Although master degrees are higher than bachelor degrees, they are different in terms of structure and content therefore they do not have the same learning outcomes. Note 1 of the LTSSL specifically states that qualifications must be comparable to the standard of the New Zealand qualification listed hence your master degree does not enable you to claim these points.

*** NOTE: You have the option to apply for assessment by the NZQA to find out what level your qualification occupies on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF). A Pre-Assessment Result (PAR) is adequate at the EOI stage. Please note however that your eligibility for these points will depend on the outcome of your NZQA assessment. Should you decide to apply for an NZQA assessment, you will have to lodge another EOI for it to be considered.

Action Taken:
Applied for PAR. But result level 6. Kindly advice
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Default Re: EOI with 125 points

Dear All,

I have posted new thread with the title "Bonus Point Rejected", Please help as PAR for Bachelor of Scinece (Computer Sceince) is level 6 and they are accepting my Master of Computer Application as level 9 but not considering in skilled migrant category....
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Panic setting in!

Dear Bevs,

You have replied on so many post..i need your urgent help. please read post "
Bonus Point rejected" and reply ASAP...
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:23 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BONUS POINT REJECTED

Your client? Are you an immigration advisor?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

No actually to save time, i have pasted the text as it is...
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah ! So Has this been sent to you from your Immigration Agent?

It reads like you are an Immigration Advisor & that NZIS are replying to you.

Don't forget , it is easy to confuse me.

I've moved all your posts about this into this one thread so we can all see what's happened .

edited here....

It is the weekend here so I will be pretty busy but others will maybe also pass on by and make a post to you.

Let's take it apart piece by piece and see what you have left to play with.
NZIS were pretty clear I feel.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 22nd 2011 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Dear Bevs,

Thanks for response; i am really happy that someone is there who is going to help me. Let me make it short.

I have applied NZ PR through advisor. EOI submitted with 155 points on 14th June 11, selected on 15th june 11. But after a week Case officer as deducted bonus points and now total 120 points left and EOI status changed to submitted.

Reason my Bachelor of Science(Computer Science) is recognized/match with NZ qualification as i did in 1996 and my university is listed in 2000.

I have also done Masters of Computer application in 2005. My advisor has applied PAR on my Master Basis. So after bonus point deduction he sent the mail to case officer who have replied that yet your master degree is of level 9. But we will not consider for Skilled Migrant category as we need Bachelor Degree level 7 majorly in computer science and as you did your Bachelor in 1996 so you have to go for NZQ Pre assessment.
But my pre-assessment result comes as level 6. So now I don’t have any option as with 120 points without bonus points my EOI will never get selected. As my Bachelor degree comes to level6 and my Master degree having level 9 they are not considering.
Please suggest.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Dear Seniors,

Please reply i need urgent help..