Blue stickers

Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:11 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blue stickers

Am I right in thinking that once you get your blue sticker in passport and pay migrant levy is from that date you have one year to get over to NZ and not one year from when you are approved in principle?

Just want to make sure I have understood correctly as trying to maximise time to sell house, hope to be on in September

Thanks for any help
Dewb x
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blue stickers

Hi,
On your blue stickers it says Must not arrive after.........
We were granted PR on 1st June but our visas were not issued till 19th June, therefore our sticker says must not arrive after 19th June 2010.
HTH
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:34 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great thanks very much
Anyone want to buy a house?

Dewb
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Thats great thanks very much
Anyone want to buy a house?

Dewb
Or rent one? Bevissa
Old Aug 8th 2009, 6:05 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You're right
One year from stickers going in to activate your visa. You also have 6m to get the stickers placed in your passport from being approved in principle so if you do everything as late as possible then you have slightly under 18m to get into NZ.
IF you needed MORE time, you could travel over to NZ just to activate your visa, your 2year returning residents visa becomes active and you then have a further 2 years to re enter as a resident. Though I hope you don't need this long
Best of luck
Sue
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:29 am
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by Persephone
You're right
One year from stickers going in to activate your visa. You also have 6m to get the stickers placed in your passport from being approved in principle so if you do everything as late as possible then you have slightly under 18m to get into NZ.
IF you needed MORE time, you could travel over to NZ just to activate your visa, your 2year returning residents visa becomes active and you then have a further 2 years to re enter as a resident. Though I hope you don't need this long
Best of luck
Sue
Ooh thank very much, did not realise all |I needed to do was activate then I could come back. Would I have to be in NZ for a set period of time for that?

Obviously this is all hypothetical and will not need to do any of this as someone will love our house, pay asking price, will not drop £10,000 off of asking price once sale is progressing & will not pull out before exchange because they cant get a mmortgage

Dont want much do I!!!!

Dewbx
Old Aug 8th 2009, 10:44 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if you have a Returning Residents Visa then you can leave NZ and return as a resident within the time span that the visa covers. As far as I know you don't have to stay in NZ for a set amount of time when you first activate it...

I saw elsewhere that you are applying as a partner [this was after I answered] , I don't know a lot about the category so it may be worth you just checking on the times as I'm not sure now about the 6m to send in your passport.

As you said, this is all purely hypothetical as you will be selling your house for the asking price and you'll be over here before you know it So I don't know why I'm even bothering to answer really...

Good luck with the house sale, hope someone comes along very very soon

Sue
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Thanks Sue

No, you are completely right I have 6m to hand in passport for blue sticker & pay levy so its the same. Yes gives me a bit more time to sell house

Of course everyone will fall in love with my house & a frantic bidding war will break out where we have five couples fighting each other for it and end up getting over £20,000 of the asking price

Girl can dream!

Dewbxx