Apply for Resdiency ?? Please help

Old Jan 12th 2015, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

chloejade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply for Resdiency ?? Please help

Hi There ,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me decide which visa to apply for and see if anyone else has been in the same situation as me.

I have been with my partner for over a year and we having been living together for over a year also. I met my partner while on a working holiday in NZ and he moved back to the UK with me to live as my visa expired.

We moved in with my parents as it was never in our plans to stay living in the UK and so we didn't want to waste money on rent etc

I have the following evidence:

-Individual Bank stats , pay slips , car insurance all to the same address.
-My partner is a named driver on my car insurance.
-Transfers showing my partner paying my mum each month - however I don't pay my mum anything as I have a very expensive horse to look after.
- Personal statements and friends and family statements
- We have only recently opened a joint bank account together
- Photos
- Holiday bookings to several places
- Hotel Bookings from when his parents came to visit us.
- Christmas and birthday card addressed to the both of us
- My partner has applied for a new nz passport and uk driving license from my address.
- Has the car he bought registered at the address

Would anyone be able to advice if this will be enough to apply for residency? I know it differs from case to case but would just likes peoples opinions as I am struggling to make my mind up.

Thank You for your help in advance

Chloe
Old Jan 12th 2015, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apply for Resdiency ?? Please help

I may be wrong but I think you could apply through being a partner of a NZ citizen

Partners of New Zealand citizens and residents

You've been together longer than the 12 months required and it seems you have the necessary docs to prove stable relationship

Someone else may have a better idea than me on this one.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:15 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

If you've been living together for more than 12 months then you can apply for residency via partnership.
No one can say for definite whether everything you've got is enough but it sounds like you've got plenty of proof there. Send in anything at all you can think of, can't do any harm! Certainly the fact that your boyfriend is transferring rent money is good 'hard' evidence plus the fact that you have official letters addressed to both of you at the same address.
I would imagine the fact that he moved to the UK to stay with you is also good evidence of a strong relationship. I'd mention that along with the fact that you had to leave when your visa expired-shows you respect NZ law.
I'd probably send in a covering letter along with the application mentioning the above just to add context to why he moved to the UK and your relationship.

All the best, let us know how you get on
P
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:22 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have enough evidence
Old Jan 13th 2015, 8:19 am
Just Joined

chloejade is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You !!

I left a month after my visa expired i had applied for a new one but it was declined ( because i was potentially taking a new Zealanders job or something along those lines) so i had to sell my car etc to pay for my flight home. Hopefully they wont mind that part too much !

Thank You for your advice i really appreciate it x