Any Graphic Designers out there?!

Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Any Graphic Designers out there?!

Hi

My disorganised husband has yet to put a message on for advice on Graphic designers out in NZ. He has previously worked for a very good company in Christchurch but we are looking at returning to the north island. Does anyone have any advice on where the work is for this profession and what the job market is like, pay etc etc.

Any advice would be appreciated which I'll pass on to the other half for him to follow up!!

ta
Old Oct 4th 2010, 11:44 am
www.hyperreality.net

Shingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Graphic Designers out there?!

Hi there, sorry can't be of any help with Auckland. I'm also a Graphic Designer, for print not web and am moving to Christchurch next February. If you have any contacts/advice I would very much appreciate it. Good look with your job hunt.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

The only advice I can offer is that my husband worked for a really good company called Hallifax (ironically they make nz souvenirs). The pay was better than the UK and they really really looked after their staff. They appear to be fair towards kiwi and non-kiwi workers because after he left they employed another overseas person. If you see any jobs for this company it would be well worth a look. If he has anymore info I'll get him to try and post it on - he hasn't got in to the swing of this site as yet! all the best
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:27 am
www.hyperreality.net

Shingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant future

Thanks for the information,I'll make a note of the company name and will look out for jobs when we get there next February. If your husband should hear of anything coming up, if you could let me know, that would be great. Also my husband is an I.T. Manager, if you hear if any I.T. jobs also, please let me know.
Thanks again.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

We are still in the UK although my husband is signed up to NZ seek which sends him information on new jobs all the time so it maybe worth signing in to that. The local rag in the south island is the Press that is how we both found our jobs. good luck
Old Oct 8th 2010, 6:34 am
www.hyperreality.net

Thanks, will make a note of that.