Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Your work experience......From/To?

Your work experience......From/To?

Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:00 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your work experience......From/To?

I'm about to fill in the new FSW application form and I'm putting my current employment on the form which is ongoing and I'm likely to stay in it (if I dont get hit by the recent economic trends). In Section 11 they ask for the dates of employment, and I want to know what should I write under 'To'. Should it be just left blank or should I write the date when the application is going to be submitted, or is there something better that can fit in those tiny boxes?

Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your work experience......From/To?

Originally Posted by adnan_hsn
I'm about to fill in the new FSW application form and I'm putting my current employment on the form which is ongoing and I'm likely to stay in it (if I dont get hit by the recent economic trends). In Section 11 they ask for the dates of employment, and I want to know what should I write under 'To'. Should it be just left blank or should I write the date when the application is going to be submitted, or is there something better that can fit in those tiny boxes?

Cheers
When you print out the form - write "to-date" in the space.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:13 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
When you print out the form - write "to-date" in the space.
Thanks for your reply Amy. The trouble is that Section 11 wouldnt take alphabets under 'Year' (well, at least not from my keyboard).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/pdf/kit...imm0008_3e.pdf
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

quite a few cic forms dont take bits in the right bits if you know what I mean
or the spaces are not big enough

all my forms have been completed partly online with the rest by hand to fill the gaps

good luck
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, once you've printed if off just write in the box by hand. I think I just wrote "ongoing" or something to that effect
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

I asked the same thing last week and ended up writing - 'current'-

To date same thing--as long as they know what it means.

Someone else replied to my thread and said that they had put current and it got accepted.

JET
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

oh crap--i left mine blank.......... i think theres only like 2 blanks, but surely its obvious(?)

okay, well if they cant figure out what the blanks mean, then they're dumber than i am! lol, oh boohoo.... i just didnt want to spoil it by writing on it... uh-oh
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

oh thank god....... i checked the application i made in 2006 under the simplified FSW application; i left the TO field blank (under work exp) then as well and it was obviously accepted.... phew... that was a close one. i only sent my documents off today as well

okay, but i really think you should put 'present' or 'current' or whatever instead of leaving it blank