Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Written explanation - To prove English proficiency

Written explanation - To prove English proficiency

Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

sairam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Written explanation - To prove English proficiency

I want to apply for PR. To prove that one can communicate proficiently in English, you have to provide a written explanation alongwith the application.

Can any one who did so, share what to write? If some one can share his/her explanation, which can be used ONLY as a reference for structuring my explanation, it will be highly appreciated.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Written explanation - To prove English proficiency

Well, I did this and succeeded. The point is, you should frame up the main body of your story in a way to prove you have got the proficiency in 4 main sections "Listening, reading, writing and speaking"
I used the following ideas:

1- Living in an English language country (or you can talk about where the English is used as the second language such as tourist countries)
2- Studying in a foreign country where I had to pass the courses in English.
3- My working experiences as an English teacher in my own country. ( you can talk about teaching eanglish as a private english teacher or...)
4- Talking about traveling outside your country as a tourist and experiences of communication in English.
5- You can talk about having pen friends for years, which means a lot of writings and writings.
6- Talking about your work and English skills needed as part your duties.

and a lot of more stories that can prove You can survive in an English language country easily, not necessarily showing you are master but at least you can go on independently.

Hope this helps
Raska

Last edited by Raska; Nov 24th 2004 at 4:14 am.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:01 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raska
Well, I did this and succeeded. The point is, you should frame up the main body of your story in a way to prove you have got the proficiency in 4 main sections "Listening, reading, writing and speaking"
I used the following ideas:

1- Living in an English language country (or you can talk about where the English is used as the second language such as tourist countries)
2- Studding in a foreign country where I had to pass the courses in English.
3- My working experiences as an English teacher in my own country. ( you can talk about teaching eanglish as a private english teacher or...)
4- Talking about traveling outside your country as a tourist and experiences of communication in English.
5- You can talk about having pen friends for years, which means a lot of writings and writings.
6- Talking about your work and English skills needed as part your duties.

and a lot of more stories that can prove You can survive in an English language country easily, not necessarily showing you are master but at least you can go on independently.

Hope this helps
Raska
LOL, I have to find me this foreign country where you can go "studding"

PMM
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough

Sorry Professor PMM!
If I were you, I would give some good ideas instead of ridiculing others. Misspelling always happens.

Raska
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:27 am
Just Joined

BoyBilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Professor PMM!
If I were you, I would give some good ideas instead of ridiculing others. Misspelling always happens.

Raska
Dear Raska
I agree with you. but you should know, there are idiots like PMM everywhere. Don’t take it serious.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, can't you take a joke? I don't find PMM's comments offensive.

Sorry Professor PMM!

Raska
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Professor PMM!

Raska
Ooooh... handbags at dawn...
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:46 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

LOL - if you ever find such a country let me know and I may decide to immigrate there instead.

Cant spell to save me life and get the praverbial taken out of me all the time, some idiot keeps moving the keys around on my keybaord all the time causing me to make typos - but what the hell - life is a bitch and you have to get a laugh where you can these days.

Originally Posted by PMM
LOL, I have to find me this foreign country where you can go "studding"

PMM
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

sairam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airseir
LOL - if you ever find such a country let me know and I may decide to immigrate there instead.

Cant spell to save me life and get the praverbial taken out of me all the time, some idiot keeps moving the keys around on my keybaord all the time causing me to make typos - but what the hell - life is a bitch and you have to get a laugh where you can these days.
Thanks Raska and others for the info.