visa for internship

Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

franzmann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa for internship

Hello,

is it difficult to get a visa for an internship in Canada? I would like to do one in Montreal for 3 month beginning in April 2005. What kind of visa do I need? Is there a difference if the internship is not paid?
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: visa for internship

I would like to know this as well, a friend of mine from Germany wants to start one in Montreal as well and has been wondering what visa documents were needed for coming here for an internship. Anyone?
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kleinluka

Originally Posted by kleinluka
I would like to know this as well, a friend of mine from Germany wants to start one in Montreal as well and has been wondering what visa documents were needed for coming here for an internship. Anyone?
It does not matter whether the internship is paid or upaid, if it is not part of a course of study that you are taking from a Canadian school. You would require an employment authorization. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf page 9 and sec. 5.38

PMM
Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I guess that answers the question

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Kleinluka

It does not matter whether the internship is paid or upaid, if it is not part of a course of study that you are taking from a Canadian school. You would require an employment authorization. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf page 9 and sec. 5.38

PMM