Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Would you go to SK with 11months left on your IEC?

Would you go to SK with 11months left on your IEC?

Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

smitas5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would you go to SK with 11months left on your IEC?

Thanks Siouxie,
Started my work for the giant of lab equipment, but looks like employer is too busy to do all the legwork, in helping me with my papers. I did agree though, that they will do employer registration for pre-approval on SINP website. By the time we have it all ready, police certs from Ireland, Lithuania & Canada here, we are going to have a tight schedule.
I asked my employer for LMO to be done, but I don't think anybody that never done this before (all HR department is in US) can do it without help, so I'm considering hiring a company to do LMO on the employers behalf.

Any advice? You can PM names of company's..

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitas5
Thanks Siouxie,
Started my work for the giant of lab equipment, but looks like employer is too busy to do all the legwork, in helping me with my papers. I did agree though, that they will do employer registration for pre-approval on SINP website. By the time we have it all ready, police certs from Ireland, Lithuania & Canada here, we are going to have a tight schedule.
I asked my employer for LMO to be done, but I don't think anybody that never done this before (all HR department is in US) can do it without help, so I'm considering hiring a company to do LMO on the employers behalf.

Any advice? You can PM names of company's..

Thanks
There is a step by step guide available for employers: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/fore...al/index.shtml - they shouldn't need to employ anyone to do it. Have a read through it
Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

smitas5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. I did read through this and the advertising bit was very confusing and unclear to us as my employer never did advertise the position nationally, just on their website and also hired 2 head-hunters, who found number of aplicants, but they picked me..

Also looking at:
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/fore...er/index.shtml

whats the difference between:
Stream for Higher-skilled Occupations
&
Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Thanks again