Worries

Old Jan 11th 2002, 4:09 pm
Stephanie

Hi NG,

I have a little problem, perhaps I am just worrying to much... I am applying for
permanent residence as a spouse of a canadian citizen from within canada while I am
on a visitor status (stamp in my passport) here in Canada. My husband (whom I know
for 11 years right know) and I got married on Sep. 9th 2001 in Canada, my visitor
status is valid untill 22nd of February 2002. We mailed our application on December
20th in a postoffice, but not with courier, but as a normal letter (pls. exuse my bad
expressions...I am from germany but I try my best ). Now, for some reason, I am
afraid, that this application did not arrive in Vegreville (it was christmas time, a
lot of letters of many people are sent during this time, then there are holidays etc.
and I am worried that this application could be disappeared) The problem is, we have
no proof that we send our application in, exept for the fact, that we have the copy
of the bankreceipt at home with the payments on it (Immigration Fees and ROLF) so
that _could_ be a proof of having sent that in but I am not sure if that counts of a
proof. Now, my visitor status is going to expire on February 22nd and yesterday we
send my second appliction Kit "extent of visitor status" and there I had to write the
reasons why I want to stay longer in Canada and as a reason I wrote that I have an
ongoing application as a spouse from within Canada. My worries are now, if the first
application did not arrive (for any reason) the Government could think, I did not
tell the truth. I already spoke with an immigration officer through the hotline and
asked if my application did arrive, but he told me, he could not say anything, we
will hear from them within90 days. So I have no chance to find out if this letter
even arrived. If there went something wrong, could my copy of the bankreceipt be a
proof? I am so afraid that they will not accept me staying longer IFthe first
application did not arrive...

I know, that soundsweird, but I am so angry with myself, not having sent the first
(and most important) application via courier..... So can somebody give me please some
tips or answers toward my worries?!

TIA

Stephanie

Old Jan 11th 2002, 7:31 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

Canada Post is very reliable. All applications that are received are bar coded.

Unfortunately, it often takes a couple of months to receive your Acknowledgement of
Receipt Letter. Just be patient.

You may want to apply to extend your visitor visa, and indicate on the application
form that you have submitted a spousal sponsorship application within Canada.

You may want to try calling the CIC Call Centre to see if they have anything on their
computers. If they do, then you know that they have received your application. The
toll free telephone number is 1-888-242-2100.

--
Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
from
    >
in
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
(it
    >
    >
    >
    >
bankreceipt
    >
_could_
    >
    >
    >
    >
as
    >
within
    >
any
    >
    >
    >
    >
letter
    >
    >
staying
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
give
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 11th 2002, 7:50 pm
Stephanie

>
anything
    >
your
    >

First of all, thank you very much for your answer. I already called this hotline and
asked if my application did arrive yet, but the person told me, he cannot give me any
information about that, even not if this letter did arrive or not. I called the
hotline from within Vancouver (604 666-2171) where I live right now... is the number
you gave me another one where they can give me this information what the other people
of the other hotline which I called could'nt give me?!

I know, that they are not allowed to give any information concerning the progressing
of my application, but I asked this officer just to tell me if it arrived or not and
even then he said, he could not give any information...so do I have better chances
for an answer with the numer you gave me?

TIA

Steffi

Old Jan 11th 2002, 8:49 pm
Stuart

>
    >
    >

WOW! Ingrid ... You must have a lot better luck than most of us ...

If you believe Canada Post to be reliable, I'd hate to think what your reference is!

Old Jan 12th 2002, 12:47 am
Berto Volpentesta

I am suprised that they would not let you know whether they had it or = not. Seems to
indicate to me that their system is not quite up to the = task.

They most certainly can give you the information -- if they have it. If = they say
they can not give it, I would try again and make sure you tell = them you are the
applicant.

It does take some time. You really should have sent it by secure post.

Your bank receipt if the stamp is clear could be used as an indication = that you had
applied, but let's hope it doesn't get to that.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You may want to try calling the CIC Call Centre to see if they have[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > on their computers. If they do, then you know that they have =[/usenetquote2]
received
    >
[usenetquote2]> > application. The toll free telephone number is 1-888-242-2100.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
yet,
    >
even
    >
    >
gave me
    >
people of
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
me if
    >
    >
you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 12th 2002, 5:00 pm
Pmm

Hi Stephanie

"Stalzak" <[email protected]>

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canada Post is very reliable. All applications that are received are bar coded.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > WOW! Ingrid ... You must have a lot better luck than most of us ...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If you believe Canada Post to be reliable, I'd hate to think what your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reference is![/usenetquote2]

The toll free number that Ingrid gave is for the call centre, and it is the same
place as 666-2171 which is the local number. You are going to just have to wait for
the Acknowledgement letter.

PMM

Old Jan 12th 2002, 6:44 pm
Luterin

>
the
    >
give
    >
    >
I'm not an expert.

My experience may or may not apply to your situation as I had sent in an application
to Mississauga to sponsor my parents. I, too, had sent my application via standard
mail and had similar thoughts running through my mind when I did not hear from CIC
within their projected timeframe.

However, here are a couple of things that happened:
- It took just over 4 months to receive a response (in this case an approval).
- Every time I called the Call Center, I received a different response regarding the
status of my application... for example, after ~3.5 months of waiting, I was told
by one person at the Call Center that there was no record of my application in the
system and that since the time elapsed was too long, I should enquire via fax and
perhaps, get ready to re-apply! I had the fax drafted and ready by the next day
but before sending it, decided to call the Call Center once more... guess what - I
was told that not only had they received my application, but it had just been
approved that very day!

So, basically, I think that it wouldn't hurt to call in once or twice a week, or
until you get a satisfactory answer and... wait.

Good Luck, Lute.