Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Working for Scottish Company from Canada

Working for Scottish Company from Canada

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Webboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working for Scottish Company from Canada

Hi,

Part of the Skilled worker application asks you to state if you have employment arranged for your arrivale in Canada. Proof of this should be noted by the HR Department of that company.

I do have employement arranged. The trouble is however that i will just continue working for my current company - but from Canada. I have already been told through other sources that this it is perfectly fine to work for a company not based in Canada.

However, my question is this - can i put this down as arranged employement in my application?

I work for a web development company, and they would like me to continue working for them - even if i do move to Canada. Who knows, there may be the option down the line of starting an official Canadian branch of our company.

Any advice on this? It is guarenteed work. My boss and i have discussed it. Would he just have to create a letter stating that he will continue to employ me? or does my arranged employment have to be through a candaian based company?

Regards,
Brian
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:11 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working for Scottish Company from Canada

Nope, it is not an arranged employment, sorry.

And it is not company's HR who should approve job offer - it is Canadian HRSDC where Canadian employer must apply for Arranged Employment Opinion.

Originally Posted by Webboy
Hi,

Part of the Skilled worker application asks you to state if you have employment arranged for your arrivale in Canada. Proof of this should be noted by the HR Department of that company.

I do have employement arranged. The trouble is however that i will just continue working for my current company - but from Canada. I have already been told through other sources that this it is perfectly fine to work for a company not based in Canada.

However, my question is this - can i put this down as arranged employement in my application?

I work for a web development company, and they would like me to continue working for them - even if i do move to Canada. Who knows, there may be the option down the line of starting an official Canadian branch of our company.

Any advice on this? It is guarenteed work. My boss and i have discussed it. Would he just have to create a letter stating that he will continue to employ me? or does my arranged employment have to be through a candaian based company?

Regards,
Brian
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Webboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew. Thats a bit of a pain. I actually just read that it is the HRSDC that must approve it and not the companies HR department.

Is there anyway around this at all, for instance starting an official canadian office?

Brian
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Not for Arranged Employment points. Employer must be in operation in Canada for at least 12 months and have for at least same period other full time employees.

Originally Posted by Webboy
Hi Andrew. Thats a bit of a pain. I actually just read that it is the HRSDC that must approve it and not the companies HR department.

Is there anyway around this at all, for instance starting an official canadian office?

Brian