Working Holiday Visa Query

Old Aug 13th 2014, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

MarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really nice
Default Working Holiday Visa Query

Hey all,

I'm currently living in BC on a one year working holiday visa and it expires around the end of October.
I've just managed to get off the waiting list for a second year working holiday visa, and I've paid the fee and sent off the documents they require.

Firstly... How long does it typically take for them to acknowledge the payment/documents?
Secondly... Is the next stage setting up a CIC account and sending them my documents again?

And thirdly, I'm planning on returning to the UK for a couple of weeks to catch up with everyone - If my visa expires on the 25th October, can I still stay in Canada and not work for a week and then go home (Beginning of November) and reactivate the second visa? Or will I have to leave Canada before the expiration date of my first year visa?

UPDATE: I've just received a new message in my IEC account with an acknowledgement of payment and documents received. It says they will assess my application within 14 days.

Thanks,
Marky

Last edited by MarkyUK; Aug 13th 2014 at 12:37 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 4:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday Visa Query

Originally Posted by MarkyUK
Hey all,

I'm currently living in BC on a one year working holiday visa and it expires around the end of October.
I've just managed to get off the waiting list for a second year working holiday visa, and I've paid the fee and sent off the documents they require.

Firstly... How long does it typically take for them to acknowledge the payment/documents?
Secondly... Is the next stage setting up a CIC account and sending them my documents again?

And thirdly, I'm planning on returning to the UK for a couple of weeks to catch up with everyone - If my visa expires on the 25th October, can I still stay in Canada and not work for a week and then go home (Beginning of November) and reactivate the second visa? Or will I have to leave Canada before the expiration date of my first year visa?

UPDATE: I've just received a new message in my IEC account with an acknowledgement of payment and documents received. It says they will assess my application within 14 days.

Thanks,
Marky
You would need to apply for a change of status to visitor if you want to stay after your IEC work permit expires.

Old Aug 16th 2014, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

MarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You would need to apply for a change of status to visitor if you want to stay after your IEC work permit expires.

Ah I see! Thanks

So I got the thumbs up from IEC regarding my application - Now I need to do the CIC bit... Should I create a brand new account? Or can I use the CIC account I used for the first working holiday visa?

Also - CIC require a police certificate and digital photo - Can I just use the same police certificate and photo as I used in my first year application? Or will I need to do it all again?

Last edited by MarkyUK; Aug 16th 2014 at 12:13 am.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 12:51 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I see! Thanks

So I got the thumbs up from IEC regarding my application - Now I need to do the CIC bit... Should I create a brand new account? Or can I use the CIC account I used for the first working holiday visa?

Also - CIC require a police certificate and digital photo - Can I just use the same police certificate and photo as I used in my first year application? Or will I need to do it all again?
You are most welcome.

I don't know the answer to the account part (it should tell you in the FAQ's on the international experience website for the UK) but as far as the police certificate is concerned, it can't be older than 3 months when it is submitted to CIC, so you will need to obtain a new one.

Old Aug 16th 2014, 7:36 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I see! Thanks

From what I understand you can use the same CIC account as long as you remember the passwords and security questions however another second year who has done this would probably be better to answer this.

Not sure about the photo but definitely new police certificate