Working in Canada after married

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

magic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Canada after married

Good morning all,

I moving to Canada in Janurary 2005 for 3 years as an expatriate. My company will sponsor me for my working permit.
I am getting married in December 2005 and after that my wife will stay with me in Canada, although she is likely to move before but just for 6 moths as a tourist. My question is: once we are married, will she be able to work in Canada? Will we have to wait any time for her to be able to work? At the moment we are not common law partners. Our intention is not to stay permanently on Canada only the 3 years but she will like to work during that time or at least part of it.
Thank you very much!
Magic.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 3:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Canada after married

Hi Magic

Originally Posted by magic
Good morning all,

I moving to Canada in Janurary 2005 for 3 years as an expatriate. My company will sponsor me for my working permit.
I am getting married in December 2005 and after that my wife will stay with me in Canada, although she is likely to move before but just for 6 moths as a tourist. My question is: once we are married, will she be able to work in Canada? Will we have to wait any time for her to be able to work? At the moment we are not common law partners. Our intention is not to stay permanently on Canada only the 3 years but she will like to work during that time or at least part of it.
Thank you very much!
Magic.
Once you are married, she can apply for an open work permit in Canada. Vegreville is taking 48 days to process the applications.

PMM
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:02 am
Just Joined

magic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in Canada after married

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Magic

Once you are married, she can apply for an open work permit in Canada. Vegreville is taking 48 days to process the applications.

PMM
Thanks a lot for the information!!!