Work Permit Validity

Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work Permit Validity

There are rumours that the either part or all of the company that I work for is going to be sold. How would this affect my work permit, since the likelyhood is that they would absorb the business rather than maintaining it as separate entity. Would this be classed as a different employer.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit Validity

Hi Posidrive,

Thats weird, we are in exactly the same position. Company is about to be brought out but will trade under the same name with the same staff, so we will not have to re apply for another work permit. I would imagine that you wouldn't need to re apply if your job description remains unchanged. Perhaps Andrew could shed some light on this for both of us?

Good luck

SAW 04

Originally Posted by Posidrive
There are rumours that the either part or all of the company that I work for is going to be sold. How would this affect my work permit, since the likelyhood is that they would absorb the business rather than maintaining it as separate entity. Would this be classed as a different employer.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:15 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Work Permit Validity

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Hi Posidrive,

Thats weird, we are in exactly the same position. Company is about to be brought out but will trade under the same name with the same staff, so we will not have to re apply for another work permit. I would imagine that you wouldn't need to re apply if your job description remains unchanged. Perhaps Andrew could shed some light on this for both of us?

Good luck

SAW 04
If your work permit specifies the company name, and now the company name has changed, I would think that you need to re-apply.