Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Occupation - How do CIC know which?

Occupation - How do CIC know which?

Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Muncles will become famous soon enoughMuncles will become famous soon enough
Default Occupation - How do CIC know which?

Hi all,

Just filling forms out and getting a little paranoid. :scared: I think I've gone snow blind!

I was employed for 8 years out of the last 10 as a Chemist, but now I'm a Science Teacher. How do the CIC know which occupation you are applying under as I don't seem to have a form that supplies them with this information.

I have in front of me:

1. Application for PR
2. Schedule 1
3. Additional Family Info
4. Schedule 3

I filled in Schedule 3 and it got me thinking... how do they know which occupation you are applying under?

The reason I ask is because I know that my training route into teaching is not recognised by CIC. Should I just state my previous occupation as a chemist or put it on and provide a statement saying that I wish to be considered as a Chemist not a Teacher?

Damn forms....I thought I was doing OK until I started this one.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:05 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Occupation - How do CIC know which?

You need to quote the NOC code that your occupation falls under, this is one of the first things you need to do. If you have had two occupations and they fall under different codes you can include info within the application regarding the one, but you need to put the main one down, that gets the most points for work experience.

codes.http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/.../welcome.shtml

You then need to fill in this form : Question 11 and put in all jobs and NOC code for each.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...imm0008_3e.pdf

This is for skilled workers economic class federal skilled workers. If yoy apply through London check their immigration site to as some more info can be found there.

Just filling forms out and getting a little paranoid. :scared: I think I've gone snow blind!

I was employed for 8 years out of the last 10 as a Chemist, but now I'm a Science Teacher. How do the CIC know which occupation you are applying under as I don't seem to have a form that supplies them with this information.

I have in front of me:

1. Application for PR
2. Schedule 1
4. Schedule 3

I filled in Schedule 3 and it got me thinking... how do they know which occupation you are applying under?

The reason I ask is because I know that my training route into teaching is not recognised by CIC. Should I just state my previous occupation as a chemist or put it on and provide a statement saying that I wish to be considered as a Chemist not a Teacher?

Damn forms....I thought I was doing OK until I started this one. [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gooding
You need to quote the NOC code that your occupation falls under, this is one of the first things you need to do. If you have had two occupations and they fall under different codes you can include info within the application regarding the one, but you need to put the main one down, that gets the most points for work experience.
Thanks for your reply.

I already have the codes - no problem with that.
The question was: How do they know which I'm applying under or doesn't it matter as long as I meet their points requirement.

Just thought it was a bit odd there is nowhere on any of the forms to stipulate which one you wish to be considered under. I have NOC codes for both.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:27 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You are not applying under any occupation - current selection criteria are not occupation based at all.

But you must claim all work experience in skilled occupations (as per NOC matrix, skills level 0, A and B) on second page of Schedule 3. So, you claim working as chemist for 8 years and as a teacher for 2 years. Experience doesn't need to be related to education.

Originally Posted by Muncles
Hi all,

I have in front of me:

1. Application for PR
2. Schedule 1
4. Schedule 3

Damn forms....I thought I was doing OK until I started this one.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
But you must claim all work experience in skilled occupations (as per NOC matrix, skills level 0, A and B) on second page of Schedule 3. So, you claim working as chemist for 8 years and as a teacher for 2 years.
Many thanks Mr Miller.

Perfectly clear in my head now. I was just getting a little paranoid.

Snow blindness gone - must return to forms.