Work Permit application

Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit application

Ok so I am doing a soft landing on October 6th for a week just hand luggage (I left lots at my husbands storage when I left in April) as heading back packing through Central America for two months for our honeymoon.

I have always lived at home in the UK so my main possessions are my clothes, jewellery, trinkets but nothing that can’t all fit into a few suitcases. With this goods list where do I get one for my main move in January? I don’t think I have any goods to follow either really.

Once landed in Calgary on 6th how soon can I apply for a work permit? I would love to get buckled down to earning again once finally in Canada to earn those dwindled savings up again!

is there a form I need to print off pre landing?

Thank you again BE forum

lucy
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit application

What do you mean 'apply for a work permit'? You talk about a 'soft landing' which is normally used in the context of becoming a Permanent Resident, so either that's an unusual use of the phrase, or else there's no work permit involved.

It's not clear what you want to do.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

I have my COPR and I am heading to Calgary for a week, when I’m at the airport I will tell them I am here to land but will only be staying a week as I have other plans.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

So you'll be a Permanent Resident.

Get your SIN from a Service Canada office, and you can work.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

I suppose I mean that I don’t have all my suitcases to bring over yet, this week is just a mini holiday
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

That’s great! Thank you!
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

For the goods, you'll want two lists, one of anything you're bringing with you at the time you land (goods accompanying), and one to list anything you're leaving behind that you want to bring later (goods to follow). These just need to outline everything with a rough monetary value.