Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family Information IMM5707e Signature

Family Information IMM5707e Signature

Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

brittanybalinski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Information IMM5707e Signature

Hi

I am in the process of filling my IEC online application. I must complete a IMM5707e Family Information form. I don't know how I can sign it.

It is not clear. I am in the document checklist. I click on the form and it opens a new window. I can't see the document in the browser because I am using a mac so I have to right click and "download as" and then open it with adobe. I can fill in all the fields on the form on the computer but I cannot enter anything in the signature field.

The only option is to upload a file but I still don't know if I need to print, sign and scan or just fill in without signing and upload unsigned.

I've been told that I can upload the unsigned document because at the end of the online application I have to digitally sign for the documents I upload anyway but I am not sure how true this is. I don't want to risk a returned application.

Is it best to print and then scan it back in?

Does anyone know?
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Information IMM5707e Signature

How do I sign my online application?
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid

Thanks for that... it doesn't explicitly say "you do not need to sign the forms" though, so am I being thick? I am terrified of getting it wrong.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brittanybalinski
Thanks for that... it doesn't explicitly say "you do not need to sign the forms" though, so am I being thick? I am terrified of getting it wrong.
.. the first line, in bold, is "This is your electronic signature. Do not print out your application form to sign it."
Old Sep 16th 2019, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
.. the first line, in bold, is "This is your electronic signature. Do not print out your application form to sign it."
Yep, I read that. I must be thick then, because it still has a confusing signature box on the forms. It should be on the forms that you don't need to sign it, because actually on the forms it insists on a signature (creating the confusion). Thanks x
Old Sep 16th 2019, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The forms just haven't been updated (in design at least) since it was a paper application, pre 2013.

They've had the instructions not to physically sign, but to electronically sign at the end, for the last 6 years
Old Sep 16th 2019, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

For that particular form either works. Printing out, signing/rescanning, uploading or uploading unsigned.