Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will CIC accept an explanation letter

Will CIC accept an explanation letter

Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:30 am
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Will CIC accept an explanation letter

Hello,

We sent the wrong size PR photos with our application, and got them redone. Our application just got there this Monday. If I overnight the new photos with a copy of our receipt of fees and a letter explaining what happened will they accept this, and put with my application?

Someone on the Canadian Visa thread suggested this, but I find this site to be more informative.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will CIC accept an explanation letter

Hi

Originally Posted by KKaplanis
Hello,

We sent the wrong size PR photos with our application, and got them redone. Our application just got there this Monday. If I overnight the new photos with a copy of our receipt of fees and a letter explaining what happened will they accept this, and put with my application?

Someone on the Canadian Visa thread suggested this, but I find this site to be more informative.
1, The problem would be "marrying up" the application to the new photo submission, since no file number would have been created at that point, so it is unlikely that IRCC will do a search. You can try, but don't hold your breath. It is possible that when the application is opened, IRCC will take pity and request you send new photos rather than return the application.