Why an interview?

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

dazed&confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why an interview?

Hi there we are getting a bit worried as our application went in November, I have an HRDC approved job offer.
We have now been called for interview in Canada house
Just wondering why the need for an interview if we have a job offer approved, we also had more than enough funds?
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 4:42 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why an interview?

Job offer, funds, points scored, etc. - all of that is irrelevant when it comes to interview call. Interview can be waived only if processing officer can make selection decision solely on the basis of information and evidence provided with application, when there is no more doubts or questions needed to be verified or clarified.

You may have 100 points, millions of dollars, the best possible qualifications, skills and abilities, but if all of that is not 100% conclusively proven and if any possible question or doubt officer may have is not properly and fully addressed in the application package then applicant will be called for interview.

Another reason for interview may be when something has been discovered during background check and verification of education/experience credentials that contradicts your claims or raises some doubts or questions.

This is why I always suggest seeking assistance of experienced and reputable immigration practitioner in Canada - no matter how strong your case is it always is the only case you are filing and you don't have deep knowledge of the process, you have no idea what and how must be documented and how to prepare counclusive enough case to have interview waived.

All application kits and instructions provide only very generic information and checklist for basic required documents - there are not many applicants who's circumstances are the same as average for which those generic instructions can be sufficient enough. Most applicants differ quite well from the average, generic profile and their cases require much more evidence than those generic ones.

Please don't be offended here and I know that I'll be flamed by others and accused of soliciting business here but I need to ask you something serious you can only answer now, from the perspective of being called for interview.

You wanted to save few thousands of dollars by preparing application yourself - maybe you had good reason. But now it will cost you additional 6 to 12+ months of processing and who knows what else - was the saving worth it?

Originally posted by dazed&confused
Hi there we are getting a bit worried as our application went in November, I have an HRDC approved job offer.
Just wondering why the need for an interview if we have a job offer approved, we also had more than enough funds?

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 2nd 2004 at 4:48 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

dazed&confused is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Job offer, funds, points scored, etc. - all of that is irrelevant when it comes to interview call. Interview can be waived only if processing officer can make selection decision solely on the basis of information and evidence provided with application, when there is no more doubts or questions needed to be verified or clarified.

You may have 100 points, millions of dollars, the best possible qualifications, skills and abilities, but if all of that is not 100% conclusively proven and if any possible question or doubt officer may have is not properly and fully addressed in the application package then applicant will be called for interview.

Another reason for interview may be when something has been discovered during background check and verification of education/experience credentials that contradicts your claims or raises some doubts or questions.

This is why I always suggest seeking assistance of experienced and reputable immigration practitioner in Canada - no matter how strong your case is it always is the only case you are filing and you don't have deep knowledge of the process, you have no idea what and how must be documented and how to prepare counclusive enough case to have interview waived.

All application kits and instructions provide only very generic information and checklist for basic required documents - there are not many applicants who's circumstances are the same as average for which those generic instructions can be sufficient enough. Most applicants differ quite well from the average, generic profile and their cases require much more evidence than those generic ones.

Please don't be offended here and I know that I'll be flamed by others and accused of soliciting business here but I need to ask you something serious you can only answer now, from the perspective of being called for interview.

You wanted to save few thousands of dollars by preparing application yourself - maybe you had good reason. But now it will cost you additional 6 to 12+ months of processing and who knows what else - was the saving worth it?

Thank you and I now consider myself well and and truly told off, I now feel as if I need a good spanking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for my heinous crime! please accept my humble apologies for thinking I had enough intelligence to fill in the form myself.

Thanks again for the reply
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 6:30 am
xxx
Forum Regular

xxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes , Now after getting an interview call I agree I should have asked an Expert opinion or left filing to a expert,

I taught I am good enough, the foolish thing I did is not update the change of Employement and my caipsnotes say that officer who reviewed my file has tried to contact the numbers of my old employer and My employer has been out of business,

My file was first evaluated on Apr 07 and it was to be transfered to detorit office for Interview,
Almost 2 moths passed no info when it will be transfered,
also the detriot post looks so hope less , there is no updates on the site From April 02

Not sure how long will the Buffalo take to transfer the file to Detroit and how long it will for Detroit to schedule an Interview,

You are right Andrew, Getting interview Sucks a lot
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:46 am

Completing forms is the easiest part, everyone with some education and average intelligence can do it - it is the supporting evidence, covering all bases, answering in proper and conclusive manner all possible questions that may arise during the process, etc. is what makes the case. You cannot possibly know what officer is looking for in your particular circumstances without having not only deep knowledge of immigration law, rules, regulations, ever changing policies and operational memoranda (and how they apply in your particular case) but also without good experience with application preparation and working with CIC representing clients on full time basis. Regardless your intelligence level.

Why are you asking me to accept your apologies - it is yourself who is sufferring now, not me.

Thank you and I now consider myself well and and truly told off, I now feel as if I need a good spanking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for my heinous crime! please accept my humble apologies for thinking I had enough intelligence to fill in the form myself.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

Hi,

Don't spank yourself to much, I paid a well respected lawyer to prepare and submit an application for me..............not only did I get called for an interview due to there being insufficient evidence enclosed, but I was also poorly advised on the best route to take......................this mistake cost 12 months AND lots of money!!

Mike

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 9:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike

Originally posted by Mike1967
Hi,

Don't spank yourself to much, I paid a well respected lawyer to prepare and submit an application for me..............not only did I get called for an interview due to there being insufficient evidence enclosed, but I was also poorly advised on the best route to take......................this mistake cost 12 months AND lots of money!!

Mike
You have to remember that there are lawyers whose basic practise is Immigration and those who may only do a couple of cases a year. You got to ask what their principal area of practise is.

PMM
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 9:56 am

And there are those who call themselves "lawyers" and who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. There are also many freshly graduated lawyers who have no experience or those who have experience only in other than immigration field.

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Mike

You have to remember that there are lawyers whose basic practise is Immigration and those who may only do a couple of cases a year. You got to ask what their principal area of practise is.

PMM
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

c564ede5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see your point about having a lawyer to help filling out the forms and knowing on how to best prove one's case by providing conclusive documents, HOWEVER
a few THOUSANDS dollars is not easy to come by, either. This analogy of not having spent a few K and now suffering from the interview need is like saying he should have bought 5 thousand lottery tickets because one of them later happened to be a million dollar winner... The odds are unpretictable! The point is - everyone tries to save their money unless they are told it is absolutely necessary to pay, which is strongly contradicted in the application papers! In this light, your words to the guy were a little harsh and unnecessary in his present situation....
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by c564ede5
I see your point about having a lawyer to help filling out the forms and knowing on how to best prove one's case by providing conclusive documents, HOWEVER
a few THOUSANDS dollars is not easy to come by, either. This analogy of not having spent a few K and now suffering from the interview need is like saying he should have bought 5 thousand lottery tickets because one of them later happened to be a million dollar winner... The odds are unpretictable! The point is - everyone tries to save their money unless they are told it is absolutely necessary to pay, which is strongly contradicted in the application papers! In this light, your words to the guy were a little harsh and unnecessary in his present situation....
there are pros and cons on both sides of the coin... some people have screwed up doing their applications themselves, some have been very successful... some have been very successful going through a professional and some have gotten screwed over...

regardless, if you decide to ask a professional for *FREE* advice, over and over again, and that professional is good and kind enough to give you *FREE* advice, over and over again, then if s/he is critical and expresses an opinion on how you could have done something better, you listen...

if the only kind of free advice you want is one you will agree with, then best not to ask for free advice... pay for it...
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:58 am
Bud
Forum Regular

Bud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Try taking it easy (I know it's easier said than done and Andrew's post is not really helpful in that, is it)

We went through an interview even though we had more than enough points (no job offer, mind you. My opinion is that its only natural to think that they are calling you in to deny your application. At least this was what we thought, but the interview turned out to be a very nice experience in the end.
The officer only verbally confirmed a couple of things, refused to look at any additional documents we brought (as I tried to take a lead in convincing her how great we were) asked if we had any troubles with the law and in 15 minutes we had our medical forms in hand.
In my opinion, officers are there to serve the canadian immigration law, and that is to accept qualifying immigrants as Canada needs them. If you qualify - nothing to worry about. Andrew is just trying to capitalize on your situation, well, he's got a business to run.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with your application and you'll go through it with flying colors.

Good luck,
Bud.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:07 am
Bud
Forum Regular

[i]
Oh, c'mon. All application kits are as specific as immigration officials wanted to make them. The applciation materials ask only for the information that is required to enable immigration officials to make an informed decision.

The fact that the author of this thread was called in for the interview may have absolutely nothing to do with the way the application was prepared as (s)he may have been called in just on a random sample basis.

I found your attempt to capitalize on his situation quite sinister.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:58 am

If it would be a random quality assurance interview then it would have been stated in the letter. If assessment notice says that interview is required then it is selection interview, nothing to do with any random check. Please read Manual and the law before you start insinuating anything here.

"Capitalizing on situation"???? In what way? Did I ask for his business?

Give me a break and try to change your negative attitude against myself and others who helped and are still helping you and others here for free...

Originally posted by Bud
Oh, c'mon. All application kits are as specific as immigration officials wanted to make them. The applciation materials ask only for the information that is required to enable immigration officials to make an informed decision.

The fact that the author of this thread was called in for the interview may have absolutely nothing to do with the way the application was prepared as (s)he may have been called in just on a random sample basis.

I found your attempt to capitalize on his situation quite sinister.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:03 pm
Bud
Forum Regular

If it would be a random quality assurance interview then it would have been stated in the letter. If assessment notice says that interview is required then it is selection interview, nothing to do with any random check. Please read Manual and the law before you start insinuating anything here.

"Capitalizing on situation"???? In what way? Did I ask for his business?

Give me a break and try to change your negative attitude against myself and others who helped and are still helping you and others here for free...
You are wrong. I don't have any negative attitude against yourself and others on this forum and I do appreciate the fact that you have helped a lot of people on this board.

However, I couldn't care less for the free help from people like yourself. (and I don't mean those people who share their own experiences without having to brag all the time that is is for "free").
I have read the law and the manuals over and over. I had to read all that because I had a "professional" representing me who seemed to have exactly the same attitude problem as yourself.

As for you capitalizing on his situation, I think you know exactly what I meant.

Last edited by Bud; Jun 3rd 2004 at 11:03 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bud
You are wrong. I don't have any negative attitude against yourself and others on this forum and I do appreciate the fact that you have helped a lot of people on this board.

However, I couldn't care less for the free help from people like yourself. (and I don't mean those people who share their own experiences without having to brag all the time that is is for "free").
I have read the law and the manuals over and over. I had to read all that because I had a "professional" representing me who seemed to have exactly the same attitude problem as yourself.

As for you capitalizing on his situation, I think you know exactly what I meant.
normally, i try not to bash people (unless its the broken english of one of the ***** employees) and keeping in mind what you say you have been through...

- andrew, jim et al dont hide their intentions, they are practicing immigration consultants and ofcourse are out to make money... if they were not, and were just sitting on the newsgroups answering people's questions without getting anything in return (which is most of the time) i would consider them nuts because of the experience they have and their background should be put to profitable use... if i had the skills so would i... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- yes they are professionals, but they also spend a lot of time helping people who are unaware of the rules/regulations/policies or just plain lazy to try and find out information for themselves... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- the majority of questions people ask on these forums are rehashed versions of the same old same old... people who instead of doing a simple search would much rather ask the same question that has been asked a day or so ago and answered... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- as to people posting their personal experiences, seriously... how many of the posts are "ok this is what i found out by myself and im posting this info so all will benifit" posts? the majority of the posts are titled "experts please help, i just wet myself" (excluding you ofcourse)...

- even though most questions are the same questions over and over, they are usually always answered, and you must understand, it takes a lot of time and effort to actually do this, and each reply usually comes with another followup question which was also asked before by someone else and that is also replied to, im sure everyone will agree that they got professional advice, a valuable service for free, because most people going through the process need reassurance more than anything... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- having to say the same thing over and over and over again without getting anyting in return except snivvely snot nosed responses unless the reply is all roses and sweet smell tends to get on a persons nerves after a while... having people be negative towards you when you feel you are trying to help them through a difficult time tends to piss a person off... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- not everyone takes the time to search extensively for their information or spend considerable amounts of time researching facts and figures to be comfortable enough to speak on matters with authority... infact most people are morons who wouldnt be able to tell up from down unless there were arrows pointing in the respective directions... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- people need help, they always have, they always will... if responses such as yours targetting people like andrew/jim et al who spend considerable amounts of time helping others while getting nothing in return (or even expecting anything in return) force them to stop doing what they do, then a lot of people would be screwed... a lot of people would be in trouble and a lot of people would end up with rejected applications... (excluding you ofcourse)...

- you personally may have been represented by a crook, and noone is saying all professionals who practice in this field are angels, but just because you have had a bad experience (which you paid for i am assuming) does not mean everyone else will go through the same... most people would be very grateful to get professional advice within a few hours of asking a question without having to pay for it... (excluding you ofcourse)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.