Where to activate IEC visa???

Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

vancouverarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Where to activate IEC visa???

Hi there, I don't know if anyone can help me as I need this info in the next couple of hours, but my partner and I need to "flagpole" today to get our IEC visas. We are in Vancouver on Bunac visas. We don't have access to a car, so we need a POE we can get to by public transport.

Can anyone tell me if we can go to Vancouver Airport to get our visas? I was looking at a government website that says they have full immigration services (obviously), but I don't know if you can only use them if you are flying in from another country?

I found out how to get to Point Roberts, but I'm a bit stressed about that having to do skytrain, bus then find it on foot, and I wasn't sure if it is a valid POE for this kind of thing.

Can anyone offer any advice? I don't want to mess this up by going to the wrong place, or not finding where I'm trying to get to!!!!!!

Thank you so much,
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to activate IEC visa???

Hi

Originally Posted by vancouverarts
Hi there, I don't know if anyone can help me as I need this info in the next couple of hours, but my partner and I need to "flagpole" today to get our IEC visas. We are in Vancouver on Bunac visas. We don't have access to a car, so we need a POE we can get to by public transport.

Can anyone tell me if we can go to Vancouver Airport to get our visas? I was looking at a government website that says they have full immigration services (obviously), but I don't know if you can only use them if you are flying in from another country?

I found out how to get to Point Roberts, but I'm a bit stressed about that having to do skytrain, bus then find it on foot, and I wasn't sure if it is a valid POE for this kind of thing.

Can anyone offer any advice? I don't want to mess this up by going to the wrong place, or not finding where I'm trying to get to!!!!!!

Thank you so much,
1. No, you can't go to VIA
2. You best bet is Douglas/Blaine (Peace Arch) or Pacific Hwy. So phone BC Transit 604.953.3333 and ask, about transit from White Rock.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:49 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to activate IEC visa???

Originally Posted by vancouverarts
Although not 100% certain, I am pretty sure you cannot. Immigration is airside in the arrivals hall.

No immigration services at that crossing.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...fice401-e.html

Thank you so much,
IMO your best bet if you need to do it today is Canada Line to Bridgeport Station, then 351 bus to White Rock. You can walk down to the border from the bus drop off but it will take about an hour. Better to get a taxi to drop you off at the parking lot in Peach Arch park. This is right beside the Canadian border post.

Last edited by JonboyE; Jul 24th 2011 at 4:52 pm.