Visa for a child of PR ?

Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

lenk_helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for a child of PR ?

Hi, hope anyone with similar experience can help. My husband and I landed in Canada to activate our PR in 2009, received our PR cards and left for UK to continue our work contract. Our 5 y.o., although she had a PR visa, did not come with us to Canada to land, and her visa expired later in 2009.
At the moment we are in UK, working on a working visa which expires in 2013 (we are Ukrainian citizens).
But in 2012 we are planning to go to Canada to stay permanently. So now our goal is for my daughter to travel with us, is it possible at all without one of parents going to Canada first to sponsor her ?

Can I apply for a travel visa for her (advising that our intentions are to visit Canada only, I can provide proofs that my husband and I are continuing employment in UK as our working visa expires in 2013) ?
If all works out, we sponsor her from inside Canada? or Do we have to apply for travel visa for her and declare our intentions to settle in Canada and sponsor her from inside Canada straightaway.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for a child of PR ?

Hi

Originally Posted by lenk_helen
Hi, hope anyone with similar experience can help. My husband and I landed in Canada to activate our PR in 2009, received our PR cards and left for UK to continue our work contract. Our 5 y.o., although she had a PR visa, did not come with us to Canada to land, and her visa expired later in 2009.
At the moment we are in UK, working on a working visa which expires in 2013 (we are Ukrainian citizens).
But in 2012 we are planning to go to Canada to stay permanently. So now our goal is for my daughter to travel with us, is it possible at all without one of parents going to Canada first to sponsor her ?

Can I apply for a travel visa for her (advising that our intentions are to visit Canada only, I can provide proofs that my husband and I are continuing employment in UK as our working visa expires in 2013) ?
If all works out, we sponsor her from inside Canada? or Do we have to apply for travel visa for her and declare our intentions to settle in Canada and sponsor her from inside Canada straightaway.
Most Visa offices will not issue a TRV to child so that it can be sponsored in Canada. The usual is that one parent will have to return to Canada to sponsor the child. The reasoning is that the child is not a visitor, but his/her intention is to remain permanently. You can apply for the TRV, but whether it is issued or not is the question. You can't sponsor her within Canada, is she is admitted for 1 year, then you can use Buffalo. If not you are limited to either London (if she was admitted for a year) or Kyiv .