WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:43 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by peeshpie
I have a contact who is a nurse in Calgary and she says approximately 40% of the nursing workforce is due to retire in the next few years...? Fingers crossed that nurses will be on the list - I'll be hitting the gin if not......
I think that number is a slight exageration but since the younger generation are currently finding it more difficult to find full time work, i imagine the aging workforce will be weighted to have a chunk of retirements in the next decade or so.

My take is nursing and other medical positions will not be on the list of needed skills from July but it'll be back on at some point in the short/medium term future

I could easily be wrong and am only basing this info on a discussion with a very senior staff member in Vancouver.

If it remains, good luck to those coming to certain areas in BC as by all accounts finding full time work is very difficult and saturated at the moment.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by scribe123
Hey, that's how rumours start!

Seriously when my wife reads that she'll flip. Oh well, if it's true and IT related jobs aren't added to the list, then it's back to me hunting for IT positions and an LMO. And after we've just spent money on Police certificates and photos for application (not to mention the hours put in gathering all the info we need).

But let's not go there just yet. My glass is half full you know
My hubby works in IT and we are over on an TWP. It's not impossible by any means. I get the impression that Alberta is crying out for good IT people or maybe we just got uber lucky!