WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:11 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: glasgow
Posts: 326
alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

I was sure I had asked this before, but cannot find the thread and didnt feel I got a clear cut answer..

Here go's..

July 1st is the 'big date' when CIC announce changes (to NOC list and application criteria etc )

1st Question - When sending fsw forms to cic, do applicants have to wait until July 1st, AND THEN send in their application??

(or can you 'chance' it and send it before that date due to the limited spaces in each NOC skill??)

As I was told ..... July 1st is a Sunday.. And also Canada Day..

2nd Question -
Is it set in stone/ an absolute definite that the cic offices are closed on Monday 2nd July for a national holiday?, (I didnt see anything on their website) meaning NO applications will be signed for when delivered by a courier??

So, does that mean whichever lucky courier service is chosen to take our package we should arrange for them to deliver it TO ARRIVE ON the morning of July 2nd?..

Phew.. I think thats it for the moment..

Hope someone can clear it up
alcat2010 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:21 pm
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,957
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

They'll be shut on 2nd July, regardless of the lack of a notice on their website (even the CHC in London is shut), so personally if I were you I'd try and get it delivered for 3rd/4th July.

christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:55 pm
  #3  
Beep
 
el_richo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 8,311
el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by alcat2010 View Post
I was sure I had asked this before, but cannot find the thread and didnt feel I got a clear cut answer..

Here go's..

July 1st is the 'big date' when CIC announce changes (to NOC list and application criteria etc )

1st Question - When sending fsw forms to cic, do applicants have to wait until July 1st, AND THEN send in their application??

(or can you 'chance' it and send it before that date due to the limited spaces in each NOC skill??)

As I was told ..... July 1st is a Sunday.. And also Canada Day..

2nd Question -
Is it set in stone/ an absolute definite that the cic offices are closed on Monday 2nd July for a national holiday?, (I didnt see anything on their website) meaning NO applications will be signed for when delivered by a courier??

So, does that mean whichever lucky courier service is chosen to take our package we should arrange for them to deliver it TO ARRIVE ON the morning of July 2nd?..

Phew.. I think thats it for the moment..

Hope someone can clear it up
I doubt post and courier services will be working on the 2nd July anway so your worries are moot

I'd wait for the list to come out otherwise you could waste money and effort if you're not on the list.
el_richo is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:26 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: glasgow
Posts: 326
alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Appreciate the replies.

So applicants have to wait until July 1st, wait for any 'announcements', AND THEN send the application?

Would it be the case should an application be posted BEFORE July 1st, then that application would be treated as the previous years intake and discarded?

People have stated "get your app in early" .... so just trying to work out the correct way to do this!

Cheers
alcat2010 is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:43 pm
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,063
Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

So you're definately going for it then?

I think what everyone is saying is, it's a gamble sending off until you know what's on the list, and if there are any rule changes.

I'm amazed nothing has been leaked. Best kept secret in immigration! lol
Dave n Ailsa is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:16 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: 42
Posts: 931
scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by alcat2010 View Post
Appreciate the replies.

So applicants have to wait until July 1st, wait for any 'announcements', AND THEN send the application?

Would it be the case should an application be posted BEFORE July 1st, then that application would be treated as the previous years intake and discarded?

People have stated "get your app in early" .... so just trying to work out the correct way to do this!

Cheers
I was going through the same dilemma, but when I posted about this a few weeks ago, it was pointed out to me that the rule changes were posted early last time around 25/26 June (give or take a few days), so there was a window to allow people to adjust their applications if required.

I'm checking the government sites daily looking for news.

I just hope they don't bring in the rumoured qualification checking rule. My wife is a nurse getting your qualifications checked by CARNA (we're off to Alberta - hopefully) will cost $525 and can take up to 12 months!
scribe123 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:05 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: glasgow
Posts: 326
alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by scribe123 View Post
I was going through the same dilemma, but when I posted about this a few weeks ago, it was pointed out to me that the rule changes were posted early last time around 25/26 June (give or take a few days), so there was a window to allow people to adjust their applications if required.

I'm checking the government sites daily looking for news.

I just hope they don't bring in the rumoured qualification checking rule. My wife is a nurse getting your qualifications checked by CARNA (we're off to Alberta - hopefully) will cost $525 and can take up to 12 months!
The competition! Lol.

Aye mate were in same boat, wife is a nurse. What exactly is the rumoured qualification rule?..
She went out to Alberta in 08 and sat exams with carna. But il need to check with her if that was anythn to do with checking qualifications..

Is this your first time applying thru fsw?
alcat2010 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:21 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: 42
Posts: 931
scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by alcat2010 View Post
The competition! Lol.

Aye mate were in same boat, wife is a nurse. What exactly is the rumoured qualification rule?..
She went out to Alberta in 08 and sat exams with carna. But il need to check with her if that was anythn to do with checking qualifications..

Is this your first time applying thru fsw?
Yes it is.

If she's been out to sit exams then she may be ok (*if* the rule is applied), as I think (but don't quote me) that the assessment would be for CARNA to evaluate the applicants hours, experience etc... and then advise on extra study and practical practice needed before registration can be granted. I assume if she went out and sat exams she's already been through this. What proof is required *if* this rule is brought in is yet to be seen.
scribe123 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:49 pm
  #9  
Beep
 
el_richo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 8,311
el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

I heard that Nurses have been removed from the list due to cost reductions and over saturation
el_richo is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:25 pm
  #10  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,957
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by el_richo View Post
I heard that Nurses have been removed from the list due to cost reductions and over saturation
We were told nurses were going to be removed from the list last time round though, and it never happened!
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 6:28 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: glasgow
Posts: 326
alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by el_richo View Post
I heard that Nurses have been removed from the list due to cost reductions and over saturation
You're at the wind up Mr richo!

My wifes ears have pricked up and is curious to know where u heard that?..
alcat2010 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 6:35 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: 42
Posts: 931
scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by el_richo View Post
I heard that Nurses have been removed from the list due to cost reductions and over saturation
Hey, that's how rumours start!

Seriously when my wife reads that she'll flip. Oh well, if it's true and IT related jobs aren't added to the list, then it's back to me hunting for IT positions and an LMO. And after we've just spent money on Police certificates and photos for application (not to mention the hours put in gathering all the info we need).

But let's not go there just yet. My glass is half full you know
scribe123 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:50 pm
  #13  
Beep
 
el_richo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 8,311
el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

Originally Posted by alcat2010 View Post
You're at the wind up Mr richo!

My wifes ears have pricked up and is curious to know where u heard that?..
My good friend is pretty high up (funnily enough i just had lunch with them too) at VGH in Vancouver. They were part of a meeting with government officials on jobs etc.

Since they're streamlining and cutting back positions, and medical bods fresh from education are struggling to find full time work, they were advised it was looking likely that medical professions would not be on the skilled list for next year.

Just passing on the info. Whether it happens or not is another matter.

Good luck though.

Last edited by el_richo; Jun 18th 2012 at 10:02 pm.
el_richo is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:55 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
lydiaparr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

I will be gutted if its not on the list, after waiting nearly a year to apply and all the work and worry involved to try and get the application right.
Fingers crossed you are wrong.
This immigration lark is not for the faint hearted.!! :-S
lydiaparr is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2012, 5:05 pm
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 73
peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHEN to send fsw forms to cic?

I have a contact who is a nurse in Calgary and she says approximately 40% of the nursing workforce is due to retire in the next few years...? Fingers crossed that nurses will be on the list - I'll be hitting the gin if not......
peeshpie is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.