What's needed on Arrival?

Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's needed on Arrival?

I have a job offer and the company has applied for LMO in the past two weeks. Once it is approved (assuming ) what do I need on arrival at immigration desk? My job is in IT, do I need all certifications listed on the job advert so I get myself ready? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's needed on Arrival?

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_%3...o_apply-Canada

HTH.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by red_onion
I have a job offer and the company has applied for LMO in the past two weeks. Once it is approved (assuming ) what do I need on arrival at immigration desk? My job is in IT, do I need all certifications listed on the job advert so I get myself ready? Thanks in advance.
If applying for the work permit at the port of entry you will need a PRINTED copy of the LMO, valid passport , $150 payment (cash or credit card). You should carry copies of any credentials just in case the BSO wishes to see them to match up with your job description.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So I get this right based on the link... I will need LMO issues by the CIC then I take that to the Canadian High Commission in London for pre-approval letter for TWP which in itself could take up-to 12 weeks?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So I get this right based on the link... I will need LMO issues by the CIC then I take that to the Canadian High Commission in London for pre-approval letter for TWP which in itself could take up-to 12 weeks?
If you hold citizenship from a country that does not require a visa to enter Canada eg the UK, Germany, France etc you can get the TWP issued at a Port of Entry providing you have a copy of the positive LMO in your possession.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If you hold citizenship from a country that does not require a visa to enter Canada eg the UK, Germany, France etc you can get the TWP issued at a Port of Entry providing you have a copy of the positive LMO in your possession.
Brilliant. Qualifications and medical certificate as well?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Brilliant. Qualifications and medical certificate as well?
Yes and the medical results need to be known if the job requires the medical certificate and of course $150 payment for the work permit.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No, re-read the link! That's one option, but it also tells you how to get a TWP at POE, and what documents you need to do so.

HTH.